300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Record ????? Employment record

I have an application to fill out for Capitol Police that asks for ALL traffic violations and dates for those and also your entire work record.

How the hell do i find this out? I'm now 35yo and have been driving 19 years. Obviously you present driving record will not go all the back.

Hell if I remember all the dates I worked and didn't work....I can go back 15 years no problem but the other and dates are a loss to me

Help
    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

You can get your work history from Social Security.

As far as your driving record goes, list all you can, best you can. They probably won't be able to verify a ticket you got 15 years ago but if you put 75 in a 55 summer 1990 they will more than likely understand. I really don't think they are going to expect that you kept exact dates of every ticket for the last 2 decades.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
      You can get your work history from Social Security.

As far as your driving record goes, list all you can, best you can. They probably won't be able to verify a ticket you got 15 years ago but if you put 75 in a 55 summer 1990 they will more than likely understand. I really don't think they are going to expect that you kept exact dates of every ticket for the last 2 decades.

Thanx....gonna check social security's website but I guess i'll probably have to call them
      Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Social security will give you an earnings statement (you also get one by mail every year) however it doesn't have the company names, only how much you earned each particular year. You can order one by mail or go to the office and have them print one out depending on how fast you need it. If you do go to the office, don't leave without it, I went once and they told me they couldn't do it at a local office. I called the 800 # and they advised me to go back to the office. I got on the second try. Government workers...go figure

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddy
          Social security will give you an earnings statement (you also get one by mail every year) however it doesn't have the company names, only how much you earned each particular year. You can order one by mail or go to the office and have them print one out depending on how fast you need it. If you do go to the office, don't leave without it, I went once and they told me they couldn't do it at a local office. I called the 800 # and they advised me to go back to the office. I got on the second try. Government workers...go figure

I may just go to get it much quicker...Their site says if you pay for a detailed report it will have all employer info on it.
          Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Go to your local dmv, they should have your record for the past 7 years on tap.. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SoInTeNsE54
              Go to your local dmv, they should have your record for the past 7 years on tap.. lol.

gonna stop in there tomm. unfortunately they want your entire record but I guess they will get whatever the dmv can give me
              Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Originally posted by Gottso
                Chill, I ordered mine from the SS website and got my work report in under 2 weeks. Cost me $27 or so for 10years of employment history. Imo, def worth it since it had a few summer job stints that I completely forgot about and may have looked bad if I forgot to mention them on an app.

Ordering mine today but I need 20 years worth. They want my ENTIRE work history. All the other have asked for 15 years top which is easy. It' from 10th grade( 86) to 89-90 I have my dates all whacked out. I remember all my jobs( hell if I remember my supervisors names) just not the dates. Calling capitol police today to explain the situation. I have filled out all my jobs just left the dates out and wrote a note in the explanation section about this whole thing and saying I'll forward the info once I receive it. I'm hoping that ok as I wanna turn this thing in tomm( received it tues) to be one of the first in. I don't wanna wait up to 4 weeks to get this back( that will look like **** IMO)
                Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Originally posted by Gottso
                  Chill, I ordered mine from the SS website and got my work report in under 2 weeks. Cost me $27 or so for 10years of employment history. Imo, def worth it since it had a few summer job stints that I completely forgot about and may have looked bad if I forgot to mention them on an app.
                  Did what you ordred show employer names or just amounts?
                  In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

social security

This is from the Social Security website:
                    How can I obtain a history of all my employers?

Question
                    I have applied for a job that requires me to provide a complete history of all employers for which I have worked. How can I obtain this report?

Answer
                    To obtain a detailed statement of your employment history, you need to complete Form SSA-7050-F4, Request For Social Security Earnings Information.

Under most circumstances there is a charge involved for detailed earnings information. Considerable clerical handling is required to prepare this information. Unlike the earnings information used to compute Social Security benefits, which is electronically available, detailed earnings information must be extracted from microfilmed records through a tedious, labor-intensive operation requiring visual examination of each record before a statement can be produced and released. We do not charge for providing more detailed earnings information for correcting a Social Security record or for establishing entitlement to Social Security benefits.

You may obtain Form SSA-7050-F4, which also includes the fee schedule, from our web site at: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/online/ssa-7050.pdf

The Social Security Administration does not charge a fee for providing individuals with a statement showing yearly totals of earnings, the amount of Social Security taxes paid, an estimate of future benefits, and the number of credits you have under the Social Security program. Normally, this is all the information that is needed to determine Social Security benefits. You may obtain a Social Security Statement at: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/statement/

I had to do this. The detailed earnings report will give you information on how much you made and the taxes you paid by employeer per year. So yes, it will give you the employeer name. I went back 17 years and hit my high school jobs. I had to go back 10 years for an application and couldnt remember the years for sure so did this to be on the safe side. Remember, any job that you were paid cash for and the employeer never filed ss taxes on you, wont be listed. I got mine from the SS office as it could take up to 6-8 weeks to get it via mail. I couldnt take that chance.
                    As for the DMV, the US Marshals only had me go back 7 years which seemed pretty easy for them to do. I dont know about your whole driving record. Wouldnt the DMV purge records after a certain amount of time?
                    I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

Comment

Ok heres the deal.....Sunshine is correct...I sent mine out for the last 20 years.

I called Capitol Police today and explained my situation and they were super understanding. I was told to just do the best i could with the dates and to list all the jobs that I could. I also put a note explaining I had sent a request to SS and would forward all info once received if need be. I was very specific with her as I told her I did not want my app. just tossed in the trash and a no pass for me. She was very helpfull and fully understood and assured me that what I had done was perfectly fine.

DMV was a whole different F-up. Maryland---- I filled out the required sheet to get my ENTIRE driving record. There is a box to check for 3 years or ENTIRE. Well low and behold the DMV's record only goes back as far as you last renewal of license unless you have points or any violations on them. So in my case it only goes back to Feb. 2002 when I renewed. Well ain't that a bitch I'm thinking. So I just gave them my 4 times i got a ticket( last in 1997).They can go find the damn info.

Here's my next question. I was told they will find out how many tickets i have received( which is fine..I know it's 4) 1-not guily 2&3- PBJ( no points and a fine) 4- guilty 1 point and fine.

How do they find the 3 that were never on record with the DMV? and how the hell can we find them should you have forgot 1 or at least wanna check to make sure yourself.?
                      Just shut your damn hole

Comment

Sounds like a pain in the *** to get all of that employer info. I know some departments here pull social security to check to see if you are being honest about all of your employment, most do not though.
                        In law enforcement, the customer is ALWAYS wrong.

In God we trust. Everyone else is run through NCIC.

Sometimes there is justice. Sometimes there is just us.

I'd rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6.

The opinions given in my posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2785 users online. 161 members and 2624 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X