This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Marshal Job Open !

The postion for Air Marshal is now open. They will hire about 240 new Fams. But the bad news is all new hires will goto the D.C. or N.Y. office. The pay is good but I would not move to those two offices. Good luck to all who apply because you will need it if you get the postion.

aircop,
    What are your schedules like? Do you fly for 5 days then off for two nights at your duty location? Also, could you transfer to other locations after putting in some time in New York or DC? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Where do you apply? I couldn't find it on USA jobs.

Comment

usa jobs

Department: Department Of Homeland Security
        Agency: Transportation Security Administration
        Job Announcement Number:
        FAMS-FLD-05-0002

Vacancy Announcement Number: FAMS-FLD-05-0002

hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

I can't find anything on where I can apply

Comment

www.usajobs.com search for air marshall or type in the listing # . They redirect you to another site.

Comment

https://www.avuedigitalservices.com/...sp?agency=FAMS

Try that. It's the redirect site.

Comment

I just got off the phone with a friend who works out of the Philadelphia office. He said there is a ton of attrition, poor management, terrible hours, etc. He didn't recommend it for married people(due to the travel), however he did advise me to go through the process to get a feel for it. He also stated that there is always the possibility of trabsferring to another fed agency once your on (he started in border patrol). So just an FYI for everyone out there.....I'm applying.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it.

Does anyone know if they pay more for graduate degrees?

Also, do you get per diem, etc? while traveling?

Does anyone know what the starting pay is, and if you can live off that in DC of NY? I think it is doubtful, but I don't know.

Comment

They should get rid of all the air marshals and just let full time cops fly free in exchange for the security.

Comment

Originally posted by USAcop
                        They should get rid of all the air marshals and just let full time cops fly free in exchange for the security.
                        Sure for CQB tactics are your bread and butter. I'm sure you're so much better prepared for a hijacking than I am, considering you practice for it weekly.
                        Just when I thought you couldn't get much dumber, you keep talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer
                          Does anyone know if they pay more for graduate degrees?

Also, do you get per diem, etc? while traveling?

Does anyone know what the starting pay is, and if you can live off that in DC of NY? I think it is doubtful, but I don't know.
                          Yes, we do receive per diem, while traveling on overnights. On days when you're flying out, only to return home, you do not receive per diem.

Starting salaries will depend on what YOU bring to the table. A graduate degree won't hurt you, but doesn't necessarily translate into more money.
                          Just when I thought you couldn't get much dumber, you keep talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Sexy
                            Sure for CQB tactics are your bread and butter. I'm sure you're so much better prepared for a hijacking than I am, considering you practice for it weekly.
                            How often have you ever arrested someone using those tactics?

Your typical Officer searches numerous building and houses and has apprehended numerous suspects in the real world.

There is a big, big difference in the stress of arresting someone in a real world situation and training.

How many people have you actually arrested at gunpoint as an air marshal?

Compare that to your typical Officer.

Comment

Uh-oh, BS is in the house. Watch out folks! Nice to see you posting here, BS.
                              Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4816 users online. 255 members and 4561 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X