Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it does seem like a lot of new applicants are failing the poly! all of you may have the same examiner (wink, wink)....but just as ask80 stated, you all get a 2nd chance so don't give up!

God bless
    Last edited by Almost; 04-04-2007, 11:46 PM.
    "In God I trust, everyone else gets searched"

Comment

• Not sure if I get a second chance yet, i'm not expecting it because I don't want to get my hopes up. I'm sure my B.I. would have said something, but i'll just have to wait until I get the letter he said I should be getting this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Screemy1
        yeah... it is Kern, just to the north.... the process has been long because I am going in with the title Park Ranger. They patrol the lakes and along the Kern river. The process for an actual deputy seems fast, I met a girl who started the process for deputy in Jan this year... I was "WOW, that was fast!" I started in Aug of 2006. I will find out about pay tomorrow... It is not what you make as a LASD but it is a start. The academy starts the 17th and I have orientation on the 14th... getting close... was at the uniform shop today... they don't advertise openings... the girl said she wrote to the training department for the KCSD and they contacted her to test and start the process... goes faster because they do not process many people... they only have two academies a year... Thanks everybody... oh yeah.... when I told her I was rejected from LASD... she laughed and said "I was too" it is a roll of the dice, I have a friend at LAPD and he was disqualed by Vegas... and another friend was vice versa.... hmmmm
        Should be nice, I was just at Kern River and lake Isabella near Kernville this weekend. It's really nice out that way, should be a pretty enjoyable job. What was the Park Ranger application process like? I did notice on the site, they do not have "Now Hiring!" link like every other agency for the Deputy Sheriff.

Comment

• Originally posted by sig fan
          How much rest time did you get between each of these? Does LASD have some kind of points system for the PAT which will put you higher on the hiring list?

Also F67, if you wouldn't mind telling, how did you do in the test? Any idea what would be average or good times for the run, or number of reps for p-ups and s-ups?

Sorry, two more questions? Did you take the PAT after taking the polygraph? How many stages of the process have you gone through so far?

you get a lot of rest time between each excercise. There are no point systems, it is more of a measure of where you are physically, and where you need to be. As a male you should be able to do at least 30-35 pushups, 30-35 situps, and complete your 1.5 mile run between 11-13 minutes. Any slower and you need to work on it big time, if you run it faster your squared away. I got a 12'03" time and was right where i needed/wanted to be.

Yes, the cooper test followed the poly. I have taken the written,oral,poly,bi (it was turned in yesterday for approval), written psych, medical exam(have to re-take due to BF levels). I still have to retake the med, and pass the oral psych, then i am done.

Comment

• welll........

someone called me and scheduled my phsyc test for this sat. I guess that means i passed all portions of the background. Should i bring some waters while i am there

Comment

• Nahh, maybe just one, I didnt wait long, and the actual interview didn't take long, but the parking was HORRID, give yourself at least 15 minutes of time to find a parking spot.
              Best wishes man.

Comment

• is it for the written or oral psych. you have to do those on seperate days.

Comment

• and if you oral psych is in los alamitos, there is plenty of parking... at least last time i went. and water is there too.

Comment

• does anyone know if you fail the body fat on the med exam, how many times you can get it retested and not be considered a "fail"?

Comment

• I've retested twice, you can retest as many times until you pass within the time limit that your application is valid.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisfnrb7
                        Should be nice, I was just at Kern River and lake Isabella near Kernville this weekend. It's really nice out that way, should be a pretty enjoyable job. What was the Park Ranger application process like? I did notice on the site, they do not have "Now Hiring!" link like every other agency for the Deputy Sheriff.
                        The process went like this: In July of 2006 while still in the process for LASD I saw a Lateral transfer for a Park Ranger opening in Kern County. In late August I was still looking at the job description for the Ranger position... thinking about paying my own way through the academy. Then I noticed they had an opening for a Park Ranger Trainee. I jumped on it, as did about another 200 people... In October I did the written and was contacted three weeks later with a date to do an obsticle course, body drag, and 75 yard swim test. I did that in late November, side note... the swim was in 52 degree water on a day that was 48 degrees... fun fun! After that day which got it down to 30 people I went to a panel interview the week before Christmas. On the second week of January I was called to come in and pick up a backgrounds packet... I had five days to fill out the typical 7 billion page background packet and get them my transcripts. They got my credit report for me... so that was a plus. About two weeks later my employer, friends, and family got the question sheets from my BI... During the beginning of February I went in for the polygraph... In the second week of Feb. my neighbors told me my BI was there interviewing people. On the third week I was called to meet my BI, she knew everything about me when I walked in... stuff I had forgot about and the LASD BI didn't dig up... I thought I was toast after that... She called me three days later and told me she was done with it and it was sent off. I was call two weeks ago with my appoinment time for the medical and then the pshyc the next day. I was called last Friday for a time slot to be interviewed by a board of Rangers on Monday. On Tuesday I was called and offered the job, Wednesday I went to the Kern Sheriffs department and got the list for required items/ uniforms. Today I did the paperwork and was officially hired. I have orientation on the 14 and the academy starts on the following Tuesday the 17th. It starts Tuesday because the academy runs Tuesdays thru Friday, 10 hour days... if interested... I would check the web site every month... They are talking about the Sheriff deputy jobs are going to open up soon because they are going to start thier hiring craze soon... the Ranger jobs I would look every month too... but probably will open again in August. Hope this gives hope to all.... I felt like giving up many times... and now here it is... even if you get a DQ from anywhere... keep plugging away... something has to give!

Comment

• Congrats Screemy1 !

I'd say you're one in a million, but that's an exaggeration. You're actually one-in-200. That puts you in the 99.5 percentile :thumbsup: Congrats!!

EDJ
                          "It's a game of cat and mouse. It's a game of hide and seek. Albeit games with deadly consequences. Like most games-the better you know the rules, the more likely you are to win."

Comment

• Originally posted by Screemy1
                            The process went like this: In July of 2006 while still in the process for LASD I saw a Lateral transfer for a Park Ranger opening in Kern County. In late August I was still looking at the job description for the Ranger position... thinking about paying my own way through the academy. Then I noticed they had an opening for a Park Ranger Trainee. I jumped on it, as did about another 200 people... In October I did the written and was contacted three weeks later with a date to do an obsticle course, body drag, and 75 yard swim test. I did that in late November, side note... the swim was in 52 degree water on a day that was 48 degrees... fun fun! After that day which got it down to 30 people I went to a panel interview the week before Christmas. On the second week of January I was called to come in and pick up a backgrounds packet... I had five days to fill out the typical 7 billion page background packet and get them my transcripts. They got my credit report for me... so that was a plus. About two weeks later my employer, friends, and family got the question sheets from my BI... During the beginning of February I went in for the polygraph... In the second week of Feb. my neighbors told me my BI was there interviewing people. On the third week I was called to meet my BI, she knew everything about me when I walked in... stuff I had forgot about and the LASD BI didn't dig up... I thought I was toast after that... She called me three days later and told me she was done with it and it was sent off. I was call two weeks ago with my appoinment time for the medical and then the pshyc the next day. I was called last Friday for a time slot to be interviewed by a board of Rangers on Monday. On Tuesday I was called and offered the job, Wednesday I went to the Kern Sheriffs department and got the list for required items/ uniforms. Today I did the paperwork and was officially hired. I have orientation on the 14 and the academy starts on the following Tuesday the 17th. It starts Tuesday because the academy runs Tuesdays thru Friday, 10 hour days... if interested... I would check the web site every month... They are talking about the Sheriff deputy jobs are going to open up soon because they are going to start thier hiring craze soon... the Ranger jobs I would look every month too... but probably will open again in August. Hope this gives hope to all.... I felt like giving up many times... and now here it is... even if you get a DQ from anywhere... keep plugging away... something has to give!
                            Wow.. congrats again man. Should be a really enjoyable job. Thanks for the advice, i've started applying with CDCR and Airport Police, but i'll keep checking with Kern. Just curious, but what was the obsticle course like?

Comment

• My BI completed my background packet and turned it in for approval last Friday.
                              What concerns me is that he did not contact my wife or even my ex wife.
                              Anyone know why he didnt?
                              He did talk to my neighbors and the neighbors at where I used to live..
                              My LAPD Process
                              PQE - 7/07 - PASSED
                              PAT 1 - 7/24 - PASSED
                              Prelim BI - 7/25 - PASSED
                              Poly - 7/26 - PASSED
                              Oral - 09/15 - PASSED
                              Medical/Written Psych - 09/27 PASSED
                              Backgrounds - In Progress
                              Oral Psych - TBD
                              Cert. & Appointment - TBD

Comment

• from what i understand, usually BIs don't contact family member because it's usually biased.. i mean of course they are going to say good stuff about you... and i dunno about why they didnt' contact your ex, unless they knew she was going to give bad stuff out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4288 users online. 240 members and 4048 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X