Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academy Class

Originally posted by steve21
    Does anyone know when and where the next academy class starts?
    COC has one starting May 24th, whittier has one July 12th I believe. But you know how the department is they can change it at any moment!

Comment

• PM for post
      knecht
      Forum Member
      Last edited by knecht; 03-31-2007, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by knecht
        Wow I wouldnt have guessed that Palmdale and Lancaster were considered faster stations. Arent they a little more rural? Is there just a fair amount of crime there or is it just the massive land area they cover? I had my eye on those areas because the housing seems to be reasonable there, are those not nice areas to live?
        I personally wouldnt choose to live in the Antelope Valley ( Palmdale,Lancaster). Not the best areas. Like someone said, its alot of transplants from LA County. I would go east (Rancho Cucamonga, North Fontana, Chino Hills). You will have a 3 stations to pick. Depending which sta. takes you first, is where you go. After a year, you can transfer to any sta. you want, and stay there as long as you want. Depending which sta. you work and what area, determines if you have a partner or not. Usually all unincorporated area you do. If its a contract city, then probably not. A contract city pays for a certain amount of deps. Good luck.

Comment

• Hey five-0,

Which academy do you think better? COC or STARS?

Comment

• Does anyone know the dates of upcooming academies? I heard that the next one for COC is May 24th and the next one at STAR is July 12th. Is that information correct? What about dates further out?

Comment

• Originally posted by lnxhopeful
              Does anyone know the dates of upcooming academies? I heard that the next one for COC is May 24th and the next one at STAR is July 12th. Is that information correct? What about dates further out?
              That does not sound right to me. The DI's have told me that May 24th is Whittier and Mid June COC. There is now way COC would be in May while the other class is still in session. The current COC class graduates first or second week of June.

Comment

• PM for post
                knecht
                Forum Member
                Last edited by knecht; 03-31-2007, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• background

I am currenty in backgrounds for LASD, but I have a question for everyone:

My BI called me on the day of my scheduled ride-along and informed me that my file would have to be sent for review by a supervisor and I may have to reapply in a year or longer. I just turned 20 this month and when I was 17 I was fired from my job after being there for a year and a half, this was because I made a mistake and took a drink of alchohol while working. Secondly, I worked for about a month at a job paying full commission, and I had the opportunity to work with my father and I really needed the money, so I left without notice. I know they are both irresponsible decisions but that is the only thing that I have ever done wrong, (no drugs or crimes of any kind ever). I have now been working with my dads company for over a year and everything is going well.

My question is would they actually DQ me because of this even though my background is completely clean?
                  I also heard that they play head games with you is this true? (for example, seeing if i would still go on my ridealong and jail tour which I have done)

Thanks

Comment

• Academy

Originally posted by Boo79
                    That does not sound right to me. The DI's have told me that May 24th is Whittier and Mid June COC. There is now way COC would be in May while the other class is still in session. The current COC class graduates first or second week of June.
                    That would put 4 classes at once in whittier, a class just started this past Monday and the senior class doesn't graduate until the end of may. My friends class is the middle class and they started March 6th and graduate July 14th. It would be the first time they had 4 classes going at once at a facilitity, his ramrod says they never have more than 3 at a time.

Comment

• Lennox

Originally posted by knecht
                      Thats good to know. How about living Ventura county and working at one of the north stations? Looking at the stations you said were the fastest, living in San Bernardino county would seemingly make for quite a commute (Century and Lennox being the closest of the fast stations as far as I can tell). Thanks for all the info Five-O, this has all been extremely helpful.
                      My brother has been at Lennox for 7 years and he loves it tremendously. Old school tradition there and a lot of knowledge to be gained. I have done numerous ride alongs and the guys are always very proffesional and helpful.

Comment

• Pre-runner 86,

Its normal for them to call you and let you know when they turn it in. The BI doesnt make the decision, the person he turns it in to, does. You should know pretty soon. By either phone call or letter Also, sometimes they can put your file on hold to let a little time build up from the incident. Than, say six monthes from now continue your investigation. Either way good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by lnxhopeful
                          That would put 4 classes at once in whittier, a class just started this past Monday and the senior class doesn't graduate until the end of may. My friends class is the middle class and they started March 6th and graduate July 14th. It would be the first time they had 4 classes going at once at a facilitity, his ramrod says they never have more than 3 at a time.
                          Right now, im in class #349, at whittiter there are classes #348, #349 and at COC class #347, 347 being the senior class, so they wouldnt have four classes at one facility. LNXHOPEFUL i did get your email, unfourtanetly i dont have an answer for you, i really dont have time to ask other recruits stuff.
                          sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
                          -George Orwell

Comment

• PM for post
                            knecht
                            Forum Member
                            Last edited by knecht; 03-31-2007, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• Psych Test

Hello everyone,

Today is my Psych test and I am a little nervous. Does anyone know what types of questions it consists of and how long it takes to get the results?
                              gomez0107
                              Forum Member
                              Last edited by gomez0107; 04-19-2006, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cruz0311
                                Right now, im in class #349, at whittiter there are classes #348, #349 and at COC class #347, 347 being the senior class, so they wouldnt have four classes at one facility. LNXHOPEFUL i did get your email, unfourtanetly i dont have an answer for you, i really dont have time to ask other recruits stuff.
                                The way my friend keeps tlaking about how crowded the locker room is and saying that he has a senior class around the campus I took it that he had a class there at whittier in front of him. He is in class #348 and graduates in July. No problem about not asking, my friend hit up a few people in his class and they ranged from 3 to 5 months through the whole process. Just wanted to see if that was the norm! How is it going?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5432 users online. 313 members and 5119 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X