Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.A.S.D Hiring Process...

Hello I am 25/F going through the hiring process for L.A.S.D

I was wondering if there is any one else going through the hiring process for L.A. County Sheriffs right now? If so what status in the process are you in now?

I only have the psyche and medical evaluation left. My B.I. is currently doing the ground work of the investigation and as far as I have been told it is going good.

So I take it there are no other L.A.S.D applicants here.....

Comment

Probably a few, I have a few on my web site also. Download all the files I have, my academy notes are in there.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicpolice/
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I am in the process

Hello there Boo79,
        How is the process going?

I am in the very beggining stages. I passed the written and now scheduled to do the Oral interview on Aug. 5th.

How long has it taken to get through the different phases?
        Is there anything I should know about going into this?

Any info would be greatly appreciated...
        Thanks
        Chad

Comment

hey boo, your not the only one

whats up, we have alot of the same stats!
          I have an interview with my B.I. next week. I've also completed my ride along and jail tour, both reports still need to be completed before next monday. Anyways, how far in the process are you? someone said that they are in real need of trainees that they are sending them to academy before the 4 months. but then again that might just be a roumor. If everything goes well with me I hope to be in the academy, around the new years. wish me luck!

Comment

yay! I thought I was alone on this board!!

Well this is how my process has gone

Feb 10th - written exam

Feb 12th - Oral

March 10th - turned in application

April 7 - met with my assigned B.I

April 16 - P.A.T - passed

May 3 - Poly exam

Untill last month I finally heard from my B.I again, she is done with my backround except for one thing (pending my military records) then I will move on to the next round. All I have left is my psyche and med eval!! Do not get discouraged if you do not hear from you B.I for a while they are working on it! My BI says that it would be best if I was assigned the academy at COC in January since it is so close. But if they offered whittier before that I would take it, either way I would be happy.

TO let everyone know there is pre-academy training classes at C.O.C every Monday and Wednesday from 6:30 - 8:30 pm. They just started that 2 weeks ago and it has been great insight to what to expect! I def recommend it.

Comment

So they are using different academies besides thier own?
              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

How long are deputies waiting in the jail/courts before going out to the road?

Comment

My buddies are telling me between 2 and 5 years depending on what station you are going for. Compton 2 years, LKD 5.

Comment

pkagel - No LASD has 2 academy's going. The one in Whittier (S.T.A.R center) and the new one just started on the 8th of this month at C.O.C. (College of the Canyons) There is a north and south location now

Mtclem4 - It can vary from what I have heard. Rumor has it that its 2-3 years since there is a hiring frenzy going on!

Comment

Wow, that is really awsome, especially for the deputies that live north and want to work the academy.

Comment

After you have your 2-5 in, are you pretty much given a patrol position if you want one? Or are there some deputies that they never allow into patrol for various reasons. I'm a police officer now, and I don't have any sort of a record internaly, but was wondering how minor of a screw up you would have to have to get stuck in corrections indefinately.

Comment

Any one have any updates this week.

Reminder today there is pre-training at COC 6:30 - 8:30pm. I'll be there

Comment

Well since no one else has an update, I do!!!! I got the call today that my written psyche is tomorrow!!!!! I have been waiting for this moment for what feels like an eternity! After that all I would have left is my Psyche interview and medical eval! Any tips on what to expect are welcome.

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by GB0610
                              Do your best to show them you're not crazy.
                              Tomorrow is my Psych interview, so I will do my best!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6247 users online. 344 members and 5903 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X