300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching States

I was wonderring if anyone has ever left one state to take a job in another. I live in kentucky but was thinking of applying for some jobs in Florida because i have friends/relatives there. Is it pretty much impossible to get hired in another state or do you think I have a chance? This is my last year before i get my degree in CJ so i'm gonna start putting out applications soon. Also does anyone know anything about the test have to take to be on Florida LE agencies. Would I have to drive down there and take it or what? Thanks for any help.

I know that FL will take VA certification, you go through a short academy basically to orient you with FL law. You may want to check with whoever establishes the standards for FL to see if they accept KY cert.

Though some departments will require anyone to go through their complete academy regardless of prior exp.

-web
    "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Starsky95
      I was wonderring if anyone has ever left one state to take a job in another. I live in kentucky but was thinking of applying for some jobs in Florida because i have friends/relatives there. Is it pretty much impossible to get hired in another state or do you think I have a chance? This is my last year before i get my degree in CJ so i'm gonna start putting out applications soon. Also does anyone know anything about the test have to take to be on Florida LE agencies. Would I have to drive down there and take it or what? Thanks for any help.
      I left WV for WA. Some states are very open to hiring out of state laterals, and some treat you like you have no experience and you have to go through their whole academy. It really depends on where you want to go. WA is good for hiring out of state, and from what I hear FL isn't too bad either.
      Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Moving to Another State

I am moving from Maryland to Florida. I applied for Probation Officer on line. I am currently a certified Parole & Probation Agent in Maryland. I took my exam at my local college and received my results immediately. My interview was by phone. I am now waiting for the completion of my background check. My state sheriff's office is holding it up because they have not responded to Florida's request for background check. Everything else is good. I went to Florida for 10 days, loved it, have a contract on my house and plan to move. Don't know anyone there. Me and my family are ready to relocate to Central Florida. I will have to go through the Academy again though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6151 users online. 323 members and 5828 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X