300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York State Police academy

Is anyone else being processed for the Aug/Sept. NYSP academy? I have heard they are doing the medicals mid- Aug but im not sure about that or what the class size is expected to be. I have not talked to my BI since the beginning of May so I do not really know where I stand. Has anyone else had a final interview or anything with thier BI and is there such a thing? Do we hear from our BI before he sends his report to Albany or what is this deal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I talked to my BI a couple of weeks ago. He had to ask me a couple of questions before his report was due the next day. I talked to the Troop C recruiter yesterday and he said the next academy may start on Sept 26th. He said that up around the rank of 3000 it may get questionable as to whether a person will make the academy. I hope this helps. BTW what is your rank?
    When you absolutely, posotively have to go 10 miles in 5 minutes- CVPI!!![/

Comment

Thanks for the info. So our background reports were due a couple of weeks ago and you did not have a final meeting or anything with your BI except for a phone call? because I have not talked to mine since the beginning of May. I am ranked around 2200 but I have no idea how I stand regarding my background check. Did your BI give you any indication whether you were likely to get accepted or not?

Comment

state police

From what I can gather from the recruiter and BI, they already processed up to 3000 for the first academy that's already in progress. The next academy starts sometime in sept, and they should be calling ranks up to 6k. if your ranked 2200 there's a reason why your not being processed further, I would call and ask. I know someone who was ranked 2980, and is already in the academy.

Comment

Sorry to say, it sounds exactly what happened to me. I was less than 2000 rank and I was waiting for awhile after the Background. I haven't spoken to my BI and the next thing I knew I recieved a letter in the mail stating I was disquailified for unknown reasons. But, I hope for you "No news is good news". Best of luck.

Comment

state police

you never found out why? Did you have any convictions or no college? There must have been something there on your app that DQ'd you. That sucks, but best of luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by sheriff2004
              From what I can gather from the recruiter and BI, they already processed up to 3000 for the first academy that's already in progress. The next academy starts sometime in sept, and they should be calling ranks up to 6k. if your ranked 2200 there's a reason why your not being processed further, I would call and ask. I know someone who was ranked 2980, and is already in the academy.
              Your info is way off sheriff!

They last recruit into the academy was less than 1,000 on the list. The next academy is looking like it may start in September, but they are not going to go anywhere near 6,000 on the list.

Don't mean to be a spolier,
              Good luck
              Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

Trooper

I don't know about that. I know for a FACT that they canvased up to rank 3000 on the list. I have a relative in the Dept where they do the processing. I know that they are going to canvase another 3000 for the second academy, wheather they only hire 100 may be the case, but they will exhaust more than that.

Comment

No Sherriff, I have college...I took the poly, and did everything I was suppose to but, I recieved a DQ letter along with a letter stateing I couldn't take the next exam also. I requested information through Politics and some NY statue (that i dont recall now, since it has been awhile), pertaining all information they had on me. But was denied that as well. I just had a bad expierence with the BI from the start. She just came out and said that she always gets the "burnouts" and that nobody ever gets in after she does the background. I was optimistic and told her I would be the first but, that wasn't the case.

Comment

I have heard from the NYSP. I go for final medical August 13th and the academy starts sept. 19th. Got the letter a couple weeks ago... Hope this helps...

Academy starts sept 19th if selected.. I have not recieved a letter saying I am in. ( wanted to clear that up before someone miss read me). After final medical they start contacting people 2 weeks later stating you're hired...
                    Last edited by Rutty81; 07-29-2005, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Good luck to everyone

Comment

just a heads..... got my letter today, hope to see some of you on Sept 25th....Good luck to all!!!

Comment

showty77

What was your rank? and how many are in your academy?. I'm supposed to be going into the academy in February.

Comment

Originally posted by showty77
                            just a heads..... got my letter today, hope to see some of you on Sept 25th....Good luck to all!!!

Awesome news!!! Congrats...

Don't stop training, especially those push ups and running...
                            Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

thanx wannabee! trust me I'm running, better to practice now when no one is yelling at me:P

sheriff, I think that there is going to be around 100, but I'm not sure... I was around 1050 after the military supp...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6755 users online. 233 members and 6522 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X