300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone From Tampa Pd??

I noticed a lot of people are talking about cost of living in FL. Tampa seems to have the pay to balance that out. Is there anyway to go through TPD's process if you do not have FL certication. I am certifed in Indiana have been working Full-time Sworn going on 2 years. I just don't have the time nor money to take off for 2-3 weeks and go through the EOT. I also have an Assocaiate's as well as a Bachelor's degree will that make a difference. What is TPd's out-of-state process like. How large is the department. Any PROS or CONS?

Originally posted by off_kimball
    I noticed a lot of people are talking about cost of living in FL. Tampa seems to have the pay to balance that out. Is there anyway to go through TPD's process if you do not have FL certication. I am certifed in Indiana have been working Full-time Sworn going on 2 years. I just don't have the time nor money to take off for 2-3 weeks and go through the EOT. I also have an Assocaiate's as well as a Bachelor's degree will that make a difference. What is TPd's out-of-state process like. How large is the department. Any PROS or CONS?
    your best bet is to check out the website here

and contact the Personnel Bureau. They can answer a lot of your questions thru phone or email...

Comment

Equivalency

It's worth it to get the equivalency, bud. Mine was only a week, and was about $400.00 at Lake County, Florida. This way, you don't have to worry about where you can and can't go, you just take the state test after the course and you're certified.
      No agency in Florida I know of will just take you in no matter how much experience you have out of state. It's either back through the whole academy or the equivalency course. I know what my choice would be.
      Hope this helps, though it may not be exactly what you wanted to hear.
      Paul
      "Living may not be free, but thank God we are free to live"

Comment

If you want to work in Florida your best bet is to put yourself through the 2 week crossover academy. You can try applying first and maybe getting sponsored to take the class but that may be kinda hard.

I knew a guy who started with CCSO from up north. He was here for 2 months working before he even got Florida certified. Clearly he could not be on the road but some agencies will work with you if they want to hire you.

I went to the academy up there in Tampa. I have nothing good to say about that agency, but everyone has their own opinions. (its a very large agency and very busy).

Comment

Damn 2 months? If I get hired on with CCSO I was hoping I would be put in the EOT class within a few weeks. There is a HUGE difference in pay between certified and non-certified. Not sure how lng I can live off the non-certified pay.
          sigpic

Comment

If the CCSO you are talking about is charlotte county, than not very long. The cost of living there is extremly expensive... Then again it is expensive just about everywhere in the state.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6326 users online. 310 members and 6016 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X