Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branson Police Department

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a heads up that we are hiring at Branson. It is a small town that is really hopping! Lots of calls around 8 million visitors a year so we see our share.

I really like the way the city has treated me and my family.

You can look at www.cityofbranson.org
    Listen to all, plucking a feather from every passing goose, but follow no one absolutely.

Submitted my app recently. I've been going to that area for short vacations for over 20 years now. I love it out there.
    "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus
    Matthew 11:28

Comment

"8 million" visitors a yr? Are you sure? Is this Disneyland or what?
      It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

Yep sure on the numbers. Just check out the City's website. They have all the info on there.

Believe me, one trip here, enjoying the traffic and you would see

I had no idea until I moved here.

www.cityofbranson.org
        Listen to all, plucking a feather from every passing goose, but follow no one absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by co911
          "8 million" visitors a yr? Are you sure?
          Obviously you have never been down there before during season.....buses, cars, vans, RVs, etc....lined up for miles down the main drag of town trying to get to the show venues.

I've been down there for two LEO conferences and we always had them off-season to avoid the madness....

Comment

When we are full staff, on overlap we will run 12-15 officers, and it is nothing to be down 9 reports each at the end of a shift.

It is a very unique place to work.

In August we have a car cruise where nearly 80,000 people line the streets. We borrow officers from all over. It is actually a nightmare to have to work.

We have 47 sworn....... even though the town has less than 7k people living here, we have nearly 300 motels. Makes for a lot of travelling dirtbags sometimes.

Comment

Got a call today for the test in mid july. Any advice?

Jesus

Comment

what is top pay. i saw the job anouncment and starting is 12.95 per hour after training. it has to better than that. plus what is retirement, 20 years???
                retired, NOT retarded

Comment

what's the weather like?

Comment

Never even heard of the place...why so popular?

K9

Comment

Originally posted by K9 Police
                      Never even heard of the place...why so popular?

K9
                      http://www.silverdollarcity.com/

That's one of the big attractions there along with a ton of theaters that show comedy, magic, and music shows. There are a couple big lakes there so all the water sports are big, fishing, hunting, etc. For those that love the outdoors, it's a great place. www.basspro.com shops is out that way too, a mecca to hunters and fishermen.

A city guy would probably be miserable lol.

Jesus

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4867 users online. 170 members and 4697 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                      X