300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any books?

Are there any books(or other suggestions) out there that are helpful when trying to get hired by a PD? I want to be fully prepared when I go take the written test, interview, and all the other aspects of the hiring process.. I am determined to make this work, so I want to do everything the best way possible.

Thanks guys/gals

http://www.looseleaflaw.com/catalog/...=0-822020-75-0

There

Comment

the book that i used to help me got the job was by Larry F. Jetmore.
      Its called Police Officer Examination Preparation Guide. A very good book to guide you through all the process. It also includes some tips for the academy and some suggested response for the oral interview. Highly recommended!

Comment

"How to become a Peace Officer" Opinion?

Anyone used or heard much about "How to become a Peace Officer", by Wayne LeQuang.. If so how was it?

Comment

You mean Wayno from this board. I read the 1st chapter, pretty darn good and he has a CD of the academy also.
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
            You mean Wayno from this board. I read the 1st chapter, pretty darn good and he has a CD of the academy also.

Thats the one, I am planning to order it, just wondered what people thought about it. Know of the cheapest place to get it? LOL

Comment

Is is revelant to people living here in the United States? I noticed the publisher is in Canada, and I figure policy and procedure is different there.

thanks

Comment

Wayno is from Long Beach, CA, dunno where he is getting it published.
                "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

wayno1806 is his O.com handle, look him up.

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                    Wayno is from Long Beach, CA, dunno where he is getting it published.

Okay thanks, Just checking..

Comment

All the books mentioned are good. I only add that you should check your local library and it's branch offices. Most have all the latest PO / State Trooper / Civil Service Exam Books on hand and best part, FREE.

Comment

Back when I was interviewing (before Wanyo printed his book) I bought "Confessions of a Hardass" Good book.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4981 users online. 326 members and 4655 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X