Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIH Police, Bethesda MD

Hey,

Anyone know anything about the National Institutes of Health police department? It's a federal PD at the NIH campus in MD.

Thanks
    Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Originally posted by Washingtonian
    Hey,

Anyone know anything about the National Institutes of Health police department? It's a federal PD at the NIH campus in MD.

Thanks
    It is a federal property, serves 30,000+ people that use the facility on a daily basis. I am not sure how many man department, but if I remember somewhere along the lines of 20? They have limited jurisdiction in Montgomery County, outside of the NIH property. The pay is not that great, and when I trained with some of their guys about 4 or so years ago...they were still carrying revolvers. Excellent group of guys to work with though! They go through the academy I think in GA.....I want to say 2 1/2 months?

Comment

I went thru the academy with 1 of their officers. Currently have about 30 officers with a max of about 50. They are always short handed. Their command staff comes from the PG county police and the US Park Police. They recieve their police authority from Title 40 of the US code (delegated from DHS). They make alot of arrests for warrants at the main entrance to the property and are known to assist on traffic when the facility lets out at 5pm.

Their pay when up as of 2002 and they are pretty matched with what US Park police make however they do make significantly less than Montgomery county police and several other agencies. They do make more than the DoD police across the street at the Naval hospital. They no longer carry revolvers but are carrying I believe Sig P229's but do not have off duty carry with govt. firearms. K-9 guys have take home cars.

They go thru the Mixed basic police training program at FLETC which is 13 weeks long.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

any updated info on them? they just re-opened their announcements.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7459 users online. 213 members and 7246 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X