300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical check?

Anyone know what the PD's are looking for when they do a medical check with blood work, urinalysis etc..

I know they are checking for drugs but what else would they check in the medical area?

Also do they check your medical files with your personal doctor or do they just give you a questionnaire and have one of their docs check you out?

Thanks guys/gals

Eye sight, color blindness, deafness, missing limbs, ect.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
      Eye sight, color blindness, deafness, missing limbs, ect.

So what is the need for blood work?

Also do you know if they check with your personal doctor? I am just curious as to how much they want to know about your medical history.. I have nothing to hide, its really just out of curiousity

thanks

Comment

I recently had a Medical Exam for a PD and they did all of the mentioned things, plus an EKG and chest X-rays.

They sent me to an assigned doctor and I filled out a 10 page medical questionnaire there. I was with the nurses and doctor about 2 1/2 hours.

I think the blood work is to check for problems with Cholesterol, liver, kidney, diabetic, hypoglycemic, etc. At least when I have had blood work done in the past, those were the types of tests they ran.
        Last edited by Amanda801; 06-24-2005, 05:07 PM. Reason: Added thought

Comment

They pulled my entire Navy medical record.

Blood work can tell a lot of things like heart condition, ect. I'm no medic but I know it can tell an awful lot about your overall health. If you don't have any problems then don't worry.

Originally posted by FutureLE
          So what is the need for blood work?

Also do you know if they check with your personal doctor? I am just curious as to how much they want to know about your medical history.. I have nothing to hide, its really just out of curiousity

thanks
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
            They pulled my entire Navy medical record.

Blood work can tell a lot of things like heart condition, ect. I'm no medic but I know it can tell an awful lot about your overall health. If you don't have any problems then don't worry.

No worries, just curious. Thanks guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4040 users online. 261 members and 3779 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X