Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do about wrong background info?

I recently had my background pulled to do a ride-along and my background showed I had been charged with Assault on a government official. Back in December my girlfriend

[QUOTE=jcarteret]I recently had my background pulled to do a ride-along and my background showed I had been charged with Assault on a government official. Back in December my girlfriend

Comment

Is it highly possible to get it expundge? So it will be better to have a dif. pros. disc. a gas powered firearm on my record than assualt on gov off.?

Comment

Is this the case even if they "Tried" to charge me, it never got past the Magistrate?

This doesnt seem right, I can get accused and it show up on my record?

Isnt this some sort of defamation of character?

This is my future here and it is in some officers hands, that "tried" to charge me.

Just kinda frustrated, wondering how to get this all straight, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Criminal history reports only reflect two things - what you were first booked for and what (if anything) you were eventually convicted of.

They don't list a play by play of what happens in between, so what a judge tosses out or what a prosecutor adds will not be listed.

Based on what you described, it appears your criminal history report is accurate and I see no defamation of character. Assuming you don't screw up, sometime after February of 06, the court should notify whoever maintains criminal history records in your state to add a notation to the disposition section indicating prosecution was deferred.

It should be noted that some courts are slow to report disposition information and it is not unusual to see a blank disposition next to the initial charge at time of arrest.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Not to make light of your situation...but by chance was it CMPD that refused your ride along?

Seems kinda funny since not so long ago a certain officer with that department kicked in her girlfriend's door and assaulted her. It was well documented that it happened but miraclously the officer came out unscathed...was even given a nice award not long after that and promoted to Sgt. Meanwhile there have been some good officers at that department that have been hung out to dry because they left their blue lights and siren on for a few seconds too long on an 'unauthorized' pursuit.

Makes you wonder if an extra chromosome plays into the punishment matrix in the great state of Mecklenburg?

Just a thought,
            Gibbmusic
            Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3372 users online. 208 members and 3164 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X