Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami-Dade Officer Suspended After Taking Down 13-Year-Old Suspected Car Thief

Miami-Dade Officer Suspended After Taking Down 13-Year-Old Suspected Car Thief

http://officer.com/article/article.j...ion=1&id=24259

I was reading this news brief and send that a Miami cop was suspended for using to much force(pointing a gun at a Juvenile who stole a car). What was he supose to do? Meet him at door with his allowance and do active listening?

That is crazy! Have these people ever heard of a felony car stop?
    Hey Ms. call my peoples yo!

07/03/04
    Officer Brian D. Winder Rest in peace

Comment

I watched the video as well and didn't see anything in it that I would construe as too much force. It was a felony stop and the Officer approached with weapon drawn as is proper for Officer safety reasons. He didn't give him a hug when he opened the door but the kid is obviously erratic in his behaviour so I would probably have done the same thing.

Maybe there is more to the story than we know about... as it looks now I would say the Officer acted appropriately.
      Day by Day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny...

Comment

I saw this video today today...WTF is he supposed to do,approach the car with a fake gun?
        Leave Space Empty

Comment

I am glad others are on the same page. You steal a car ( = Felony) then you get stopped like you would in a felony stop. While in the academy we seen a video of a local officer not making a felony stop when he stopped a stolen car and he was shot by a teen and wheelchair bound for the rest of his life. We were told to always do a felony stop on a stolen vehicle. FL is a little different I guess. The cop was wrong for cuffing the girl in St Pete, and now this guy is in trouble for doing a felony stop on a felony crime??? Any Florida Officers have any input? Does anyone have a link to the video?

Comment

This story frightens me. I was considering a move down to FL in a few years but some people have warned me that FL is almost as liberal as CA when it comes to police work. If the public is so crybaby (and the agency so scared of public opinion) that an officer gets suspended for pointing a gun at a felon, then I think I'll stay put.

Gibbmusic
            Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4857 users online. 240 members and 4617 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X