300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portsmouth VA Police Dept.

I am going to test with this agency next month. Does anyone have any info. on these guys? I have been to the area a few times and judging from what I've seen of the city, I'm sure they are a pretty busy dept. They sure seem to recruit an awful lot for a smaller agency and I was wondering why this is. Thanks.

It is because they pay less for more gunfire than the surrounding cities.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
      It is because they pay less for more gunfire than the surrounding cities.

This is true. I lived in VA Beach. Not many "nice' areas in P town.

TGY
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

I live in Va beach, Portsmouth not only pays the lowest for all the cities in the area but it is by far the most dangerous city to live, work, drive through etc.etc. They have made improvemnts in the past 20 years but that's not really saying much.

Norfolk is hiring big time, if you like the city work, it pays more and a much better place to work. Norfolk has an academy in Aug. and then again in Nov.

Comment

Originally posted by metstones
          I live in Va beach, Portsmouth not only pays the lowest for all the cities in the area but it is by far the most dangerous city to live, work, drive through etc.etc. They have made improvemnts in the past 20 years but that's not really saying much.

Norfolk is hiring big time, if you like the city work, it pays more and a much better place to work. Norfolk has an academy in Aug. and then again in Nov.
          dido to this...
          i will include some info about the portsmouth PD tho...
          the mayor when questioned by a local news source asked why the city pays the officers alot less than surrounding cities, and his response went kinda like this "Well its not like they are rocket scientists."
          i had to laugh at that one... but anyway, the department is one of the less technologically advanced departments, they are under staffed, its a rough and tough environment, its just a tough place to work... but a foot in the door is a foot in the door ya know? and one officer was quoted " its difficult calling for back up and not knowing if or when it is going to show up."

look into norfolk, rough and tough, better pay, etc etc...they will be losing a ton of senior officers due to a one time retirement incentive... 89 senior officers/detectives/majors/etc etc have jumped on board so far...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7978 users online. 394 members and 7584 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X