Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These arguments of over higher education and the belittling of others based on their own standards is not what are needed here. I started this topic of asking for more information here about the Madison, WI PD...and I do appreciate what I have gotten in response, I just never thought that there would also be views on why I shouldn
    I think girls go after me for my Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by 6233108
      Yes, your "snitchability quotient" is higher on average than a ex-military person. The numbers of actual officers across the board that will snitch is low overall. In my experience it is the more educated more liberal type of officer that will possess the holier than thou attitude. Good luck. BTW why are planning on being a career police officer with all of that education...why not go Fed?
      Well for your fed question, I was thinking of that, but I would like to have more control of where I could be instead of assigned to 'B.F.E.' like the the Feds like to do, plus I like to work more with people and not paperwork...but thanks for your ideas...and on your holier then thou comment...I really hope I would never get that way...ever....I enjoy remaining equals with everyone and I sure as hell do not put money, education, or power as ways to make people more 'holier then thou'..but I do understand what you trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabeacop
        Well its clear to me that you have some personal issues with people who have an education beyond high school. I'm sorry that you have acquired this but there is really nothing I can do to help you with your problem. I hope that you preconcieved notions of college educated people don't affect the way you treat them in real life.

On another note, you can only 'snitch' on someone that has done something wrong... if they haven't its what is called an unfounded statement. In order for someone to have been snitched on they need to have done something wrong. I think the real a-holes of the world are those that have so little honor that they refuse to stand up for whats right even if its not easy. An even bigger a-hole is someone who belittles people for doing what is right (by calling them snitches) and attempts to intimidate people into not reporting wrongs.

Working in Detroit would be difficult, no doubt about it, and I commend those that do and do it honorably, which would be the majority of the force there. If I worked there I would do what is right regardless of the consequences because that is who I am. Anyone who would put me in a position where I would have to make a choice between doing what is right or remaining silent isn't a person who should be wearing a badge anyway and is not someone who I would want backing me up or serving the public.

Apparently you cannot get a job EVEN in an armpit such as Detroit...you would make a good State Trooper with your attitude but they will not touch you with your old assault arrest.
        Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Apparently you cannot get a job EVEN in an armpit such as Detroit...you would make a good State Trooper with your attitude but they will not touch you with your old assault arrest.
          I dont see where his attitude is the problem. Actually your attitude is rather disturbing. Sounds to me as if you've been so called "snitched" on before. Do your job, and treat people right and 95% of the time you wont have any probs.

Comment

Wow....now this is getting intresting

Comment

I commend you on your ability to search my old posts and find out all this very secret info on me. I posted it, I know its out there, and I obviously don't mind if people know about it since I did so. I assume that since you have resorted to personal attacks and nothing more you either know that I've made a good point and simply have no good argument to come back with or you you are so enraged by the fact that I'm encouraging people to have integrity that you are unable to control your emotions. Either way it doesn't really matter.

Oh and I agree with you... I would make a good State Trooper. I would make a good DPD Officer as well but they declined to look into that fact so thats ok I'll move on, there are other places to work it will just take a little longer to get there.

To cincinnati: Sorry for hijacking your thread.... I just didn't feel like I could let the snitch comment go. I'll stop posting on the subject here.
              Day by Day, what you choose, what you think, and what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny...

Comment

Calling Madison an ultra-liberal city is a understatement; they make Ted Kennedy look conservative. The reason I say this is that in 2003 I was deploy to Volk Field and there was a story on the news about the city counsel not letting either the PD or FD (don't remember) wear American flags on there uniforms. Maybe they should just wear the U.N flag, I am sure that would make the city happy. They don't call themselves liberals they call it “being a progressive city“ who’s the Mayor Kim Jong Il?

Comment

To cincinnati: Sorry for hijacking your thread.... I just didn't feel like I could let the snitch comment go. I'll stop posting on the subject here.[/QUOTE]

No worries on the hijacking, it is kind of intresting see what people have to say.

Comment

Salary

Does anyone know where I can get info on the MPD salary? I can't find it anywhere.

Comment

pay

www.policepay.net

Comment

Thank you very much, sir.

Comment

www.madisonpolice.com Has all the pay and benefit questions right on the site.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8836 users online. 333 members and 8503 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X