Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need info- Raleigh & Greensboro PD

Hi everyone,
    First time poster. Enjoying what I've read so far.

My husband and I are looking into relocating to NC. I plan on making a career change into local LE. I am looking for info (from someone outside of recruiting) on Raleigh & Greensboro PD.

Basically, what are the Pros & Cons of the dept? If you work (or have worked) for either department, do you love it? hate it? What is the Chief of Police like? Anything and everything you can provide would be much appreciated. I've never lived in that area and am unfamiliar with the various depts. Since this will be my first step in LE, I want to be sure I know what I am getting myself into.

Thank you all in advance!

P.S. Feel free to either PM me if you feel its most appropriate.
    Last edited by Gab-E; 06-15-2005, 01:28 PM.

A few years ago I went through the process with Raleigh PD but was denied due to my young age and lack of degree. I lived in Raleigh for years and most officers I spoke with up there seemed pleased with their department. Greensboro PD has had some bumps in the road over the last few years, mainly with individual officers giving the department a bad name. I don't know much about Greensboro PD personally. There are a lot of good departments in that area, depending on what size you are looking for. Another larger department that is fast paced is Winston-Salem PD. A smaller department with some of the highest salaries in the state is Cary PD, a suburb of Raleigh. If you aren't set on that area, farther south is Charlotte PD with an excellent academy and my city, Concord PD, a very fast growing city.

Good luck,
    Gibbmusic
    Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbmusic
      A few years ago I went through the process with Raleigh PD but was denied due to my young age and lack of degree. I lived in Raleigh for years and most officers I spoke with up there seemed pleased with their department. Greensboro PD has had some bumps in the road over the last few years, mainly with individual officers giving the department a bad name. I don't know much about Greensboro PD personally. There are a lot of good departments in that area, depending on what size you are looking for. Another larger department that is fast paced is Winston-Salem PD. A smaller department with some of the highest salaries in the state is Cary PD, a suburb of Raleigh. If you aren't set on that area, farther south is Charlotte PD with an excellent academy and my city, Concord PD, a very fast growing city.

Good luck,
      Gibbmusic
      Thanks for the reply. I've had Concord & Charlotte recommended to me in the past. I will be sure to check these places out while I'm in NC.

Comment

Just give me a buzz before you come down here and I should be able to set up ride alongs with either Charlotte or Concord or both. If I'm not training a rookie, you're welcome to ride with me.

Gibbmusic
        Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10537 users online. 490 members and 10047 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X