300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed for Background Investigation

Any advice on whether or not to omit a bitter Ex-girlfriend (still very angry for being broken up with) from background packets?

The investigator conducting my BI hasn't been able to get her to speak with him but he was able to get in touch with her parents who told him that I was a 9 on a scale of 1-10 as far as nice goes but that 'she' their daughter has been distraught and seeing a therapist ever since the breakup.

I know that she will say anything at all she thinks will ruin things for me - she's just that kind of girl and like I said, very bitter. I have an another BI coming up soon for another Town, should I omit her from future packets?

Background Invest.

You should always leave out people who may be a friend one day, and an enemy the next. Use relatives, neighbors, clergy or the librarian. Don't worry, a good investigator will go with the adult responses about your character.
    Jerry
    "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Leave ger off the form. Put your first grade teacher in her place as a reference on the form.
      If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an ***** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

Originally posted by katy
        Any advice on whether or not to omit a bitter Ex-girlfriend (still very angry for being broken up with) from background packets?

The investigator conducting my BI hasn't been able to get her to speak with him but he was able to get in touch with her parents who told him that I was a 9 on a scale of 1-10 as far as nice goes but that 'she' their daughter has been distraught and seeing a therapist ever since the breakup.

I know that she will say anything at all she thinks will ruin things for me - she's just that kind of girl and like I said, very bitter. I have an another BI coming up soon for another Town, should I omit her from future packets?
        Unless you resided with her, why the hect are you even listing her if you broke up? It's just going to bite you in your you know what eventually and why risk a job for some broad! Most BI's cleary state who they want listed and who they should contact...and who ever heard of "do you think he/she is nice?"....for a background..lol...sorry man, but you set yourself up on this one. Next time, leave any flames current or past out...it's your occupation you have to look at!
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

"You lie, You die," is the adage in BI. If the packet ask to list all your ex girlfriends and you leave her out, then you just lied and shot yourself in the foot. If they don't ask then leave her out. But if they do, you must list her.

Scenario: you leave her out of your packet, but the packet ask specifically to list all of your girlfriends. You leave her out, (You lied), and your background investigator is talking to your friends..... friend #1, #2, #3, and #4. and he happens to metion to these 4 friends, "oh, by the way, how many girlfriends has he had since you have known him? and what were there names by the way? #1, #2, #3, and #4 happens to list them all because you guys are buddies.... and lo and behold #3 and #4 happens to mention Ms. congeniality (Jane doe) and Bammm your nailed as a liar and you can kiss your law enforcement aspiration goodbye. I would rather have the BI investigator deal with her and what she has to say, and weigh the totality of the circumstances than to have a BI say that you are a liar and that you lied on your application. If this ever comes down from a BI, you would be history..... No dept will touch you, because from experience, when the words come out from a cop or BI during an application process, it carries a tremendous amount of clout. I hope this help.

visit www.***************************** My book will be out in 2 weeks.
          Good Luck and Test Well!
          Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
          6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9238 users online. 433 members and 8805 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X