300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska State Troopers

I just recently applied for the AST and today received a huge backround packet in the mail (never been to alaska let alone tested/interviewed). Is this normal when applying for a police agency? I sort of figured I'd get all of this junk if I successfully passed the tests and such.

Originally posted by Brav989
    I just recently applied for the AST and today received a huge backround packet in the mail (never been to alaska let alone tested/interviewed). Is this normal when applying for a police agency? I sort of figured I'd get all of this junk if I successfully passed the tests and such.
    Some agencies do it. I wouldn't be surprised if they do it to weed out those who aren't really that interested in the job. I mean, the people who will fill out a one page app on a whim and then not show up for test.

You are going to have to do it sooner or later. Take the time, fill it out and show them you are committed to working for them. Many people won't.

Comment

Originally posted by justice12
      Some agencies do it. I wouldn't be surprised if they do it to weed out those who aren't really that interested in the job. I mean, the people who will fill out a one page app on a whim and then not show up for test.

You are going to have to do it sooner or later. Take the time, fill it out and show them you are committed to working for them. Many people won't.
      Very good point. Thanks

Comment

I've applied to 4 agencies, 2 in Florida, 1 in Wa, and 1 in Ak. All but 1, one in Wa, have had me do a BI packet either from the start of the process, or shortly after. I've seen many that will have to fill out a normal 1-3 page city job app and maybe an additional supplement for the police agency. Very basic questions and used to weed out some people. Usually they will then send out a BI packet for you to start on. I am testing with Anchorage PD and I know during my first week of testing up there, we sat down with a BI person and they went through the packet with us and had us answer any questions they had concering what we had put down on it.

I believe getting the BI packet to you early in the process serves several purposes. For one, the packet usually requires info that will require some research on your part. Landlords, previous places lived, previous jobs, etc... Not all of us keep track of this stuff, so it does take time to track down all the info. The more time you have, the more accurate the packet is going to be. Also, it makes the process smoother. It doesn't really cost them anything to send the packet out except for paper and a stamp. So if you go up there, pass your initial testing, they will have your BI in hand and be able to start it, or have a better idea if you are what they are looking for.

BTW, Ak is an awesome place. I lived up there for 4 years and military moved me away last year. I am actually flying back up there next week to fiish my testing with APD. With any luck, I'll be moving back up in a few months. Let me know if you have any questions about Ak.
        sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7742 users online. 392 members and 7350 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X