300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Poly

Does anyone have any experience with the SS polygraph exam? I recently completed mine and am a bit confused. I was completely honest to all of the questions, yet the two agents accused me of being deceptive about my past drug use. I have never taken anything stronger than asprin. Is the polygraph an excuse to "interrogate" potential applicants to elicit a confession that can be used against them? Is this normal proceedure and will it affect my overall chances of being selected? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

SM.

I've never been a big fan of polygraphs for the same reason. I was pply'd for a non law enf job (sporting goods store) when I was 18 and they had "concerns" about my drug use answers as well. At that point in my life, I had never even SEEN marijuana. I was actually ****ed when he told me about his interpretation of my answers....

I still got the job though...
    "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Leader
      I've never been a big fan of polygraphs for the same reason. I was pply'd for a non law enf job (sporting goods store) when I was 18 and they had "concerns" about my drug use answers as well. At that point in my life, I had never even SEEN marijuana. I was actually ****ed when he told me about his interpretation of my answers....

I still got the job though...
      I didn't think employees were allowed to give pre-employment poly's for non-LEO positions. Is it different in Cali??
      Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Originally posted by smurphy528
        Does anyone have any experience with the SS polygraph exam? I recently completed mine and am a bit confused. I was completely honest to all of the questions, yet the two agents accused me of being deceptive about my past drug use. I have never taken anything stronger than asprin. Is the polygraph an excuse to "interrogate" potential applicants to elicit a confession that can be used against them? Is this normal proceedure and will it affect my overall chances of being selected? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

SM.
        Unfortunately I hear a lot of things like that about the SS poly. It's unfortunate because I'm going to be taking one in a month or so . I think it's just their interrogation technique.
        Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Originally posted by Washingtonian
          I didn't think employees were allowed to give pre-employment poly's for non-LEO positions. Is it different in Cali??
          ??? It was 22 years ago so things may have changed....
          "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Originally posted by Washingtonian
            Unfortunately I hear a lot of things like that about the SS poly. It's unfortunate because I'm going to be taking one in a month or so . I think it's just their interrogation technique.

I would tend to think this was a way of F-ing with you and that maybe you would confess to something more. I have a friend that was harassed big time on a poly as he has never done any drugs at all as well...I guess there are not many people who haven't done them. As long as you stick to what you told them,I'd think you'd do ok but hell if I know...I'm working my way to the poly also.

How long did your SS poly last?
            Leave Space Empty

Comment

The whole thing lasted 4-5 hours from start to finish. There is a pre-test interview/paperwork session, the exam, and a post-test interrogation.

Comment

Mine only lasted about an hour and a half. It started with going over my answers to the pre-polygraph questionnaire. This is basically your last chance to make any changes.

Then you will be hooked up. The polygrapher will then explain the test. There may be four or five sections, with 5-10 questions each. My polygrapher told me the questions just before starting each portion of the test. There shouldn't be any suprise questions. He may ask you if you have issues with any of those questions. You will know you have an issue with a question (you heart will jump). If something like that happens with one of the questions, talk with the polygrapher bout it. You really can't change any of the answers from your PPQ, but you can explain your possible reaction.

Then, he will tighten the cuff and tell you the test is about to begin.

When all sections of the test are completed, he, or others may have questions about some of your responses. Sometimes they are legitimate questions, other times it may be a fishing expedition.

The test isn't bad, it's the period after taking the test until you get the results that is the killer.
                If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an ***** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4471 users online. 242 members and 4229 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X