300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• md state police

hello all.. i am new here.. i am really thinkin about applying for the md state police and i was just looking for advice... i am worried about getting disqualified... i know that under age drinkin is not tolerated and i used to enguage in underage drinkin but i no longer even drink, and i have tried marijuana on an occassion but i no long do that anymore, but when i did, like i said it was on occassion... i have never been convicted of anything ever, i have a good driving record, good credit and a good work history... does anyone think that i could get disqualified about what i did in the past?? i have read about a guy who was dq'd from b'more city police for a past drug addiction.. do they look at any former drug use as a drug addiction??? also what kinda questions should i look for on the polygraph exam?? and how long is the total process after orientation??

Re

Frankenstein,

I don't think you can get Dq'd for trying pot or drinking underage. Just be honest and don't cover anything up. Remember, taking a hit from a joint once or twice and being addicted to drugs are two entirely different things.

I am going to their orientation on July 7 in Pikesville, and am unsure on the length of the process. Good luck
    "Life should be a mission and adventure, not just a mere existence"

Comment

Originally posted by drfrankenstein
      hello all.. i am new here.. i am really thinkin about applying for the md state police and i was just looking for advice... i am worried about getting disqualified... i know that under age drinkin is not tolerated and i used to enguage in underage drinkin but i no longer even drink, and i have tried marijuana on an occassion but i no long do that anymore, but when i did, like i said it was on occassion... i have never been convicted of anything ever, i have a good driving record, good credit and a good work history... does anyone think that i could get disqualified about what i did in the past?? i have read about a guy who was dq'd from b'more city police for a past drug addiction.. do they look at any former drug use as a drug addiction??? also what kinda questions should i look for on the polygraph exam?? and how long is the total process after orientation??
      Dr....do not ask what questions will be on a Poly! Thats the first thing. Second, just go apply for MSP and see where you get in the process. You and like 10 other people come in this forum weekly and give the same sob story of drinking underage and smoking pot a "few times", etc...

Talk to a recruiter, go to an orientation, apply, apply. Every department and state has their standards in which they must abide by. If you do not meet them, you find out quickly if you are to be DQ'ed!

Best of luck to you. Also the process can be anywhere from 6-9 months.
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Also the process can be anywhere from 6-9 months.[/QUOTE]

Yep....and there academy is 6 months also with weekends at home unless your a screw up then they make you stay
        Leave Space Empty

Comment

thanks guys... Gil im goin to the Waldorf orientation on July 19 was gonna go on June 21, but its my birthday so ill just catch the next one... and i will remember to just be honest and dont try to cover things up and i dont think my mouth would allow me to ask the officers at the orientation about the polygraph questions...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10725 users online. 497 members and 10228 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X