X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StalkerCop
    replied
    S.D.

Laterals who are POST ceritfied do not have to take th written or agility portions. You have your interview and they decide right there if they want to continue with you. Then you go to backgrounds, Poly, Psych, Interview with Chief, and medical.

Blue Leader,

Phoenix does have more freeways only because they are do big. Peoria has the loop 101 that runs right through the city. If you work or live in Phoenix your going to need that freeway(parking lot) to get to work. If you live and work in or near Peoria you dont need the freeway. Some Peoria guys live in Surprise or Glendale. They border Peoria.

I really dont know of a Bad agency here. Some are just better then others. I know someone on just about every agency in the valley and they all seem happy with who they work with.

Leave a comment:

• m_chevy
    replied
    The heat and vest......

I work in what some call the ********* of America. The temp here has beenin the 100-105 range for the last few weeks. As long as you drink the proper amount of water and leave your unit running with the a/c on, the heat is not TOO bad. My wife would shoot me if I didn't wear my vest.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Leader
    replied
    I can't speak for the department but the Peoria is really nice. I stay there at a friends house when I go back for the NASCAR races. They live up off of Bell Rd near the baseball complex. The area has all the necessities (Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Krispy Kreme, etc...) and the streets are amazingly clean overall.

As a full time resident, I wouldn't like the PHX area due to it's freeway system. The area has outgrown it's freeways and they've been pretty slow to widen them...maybe if I lived there, I'd know a few secrets to work around the problems.

As an officer, I **personally** couldn't handle wearing a vest in that heat. I don't ever work day shift here in So Cal because of that reason and we only average in the high 70's/low 80's in the Summer.

Leave a comment:

• S.D.
    replied
    yeah, I checkd out the website last week and got the usual info. I also downloaded the applications/background forms (lots and lots of pages). From the website it looked pretty good. I was just wondering how the lateral process differed and since that it was a smaller department if it was more a pain in the ***** or less. After some additional research it appears the AZ Post waiver is the same no matter the department. It is a state issue not a dept one.

Leave a comment:

• StalkerCop
    replied
    S.D.

Phx and Peoria have just about the same benefits. Arizona is a right to work state so therefor we have no union power. However, some cities have actually gone into contracts with their unions. Peoria and Phx both go into contract with their unions. Both of them are about the same. However, Peoria is just a nice place to live. And if you want to work in your community, its a great place. its big enough so you dont have to work in the beat you live but still be close to home. They have 11 beats across the city. They are an accredited agency. We have the Mariners and the Padres spring training sports complex. We have the entire lake pleasant. Peoria patrols the marina but he sheriffs office has the water.

Have you checked out there website?

Leave a comment:

• S.D.
    replied
    Mgrif... you posted about Peoria a couple of times. Can you give me any insight to the PD. How does it compare to Phoenix? Most of all is it a good place to work?

Leave a comment:

• StalkerCop
    replied
    Peoria (AZ) Police Department is accepting out of state laterals who complete the AZPOST weiver.

www.peoriaaz.com

Leave a comment:

• That Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by S.D.
    I'm lookings for anybody that has tried, successfully or unsuccessfully, to go theough the AZ Post waiver process. Any suggestions, comments or experiences would be helpful.

Don't mean to hijack SD's thread but other than Phoenix, what agencies there will allow you to "buy back" that you already have as an LEO?

TGY

Leave a comment:

• dBrown
    replied
    Originally posted by S.D.
    Phoenix...the BI is going to send me one of the background packets and the forms to get the AZ waiver. I was told you have to account hour for hour the requirments for the AZ Post with my already completed LET academy and advanced training. It sounded like it is a complex task and many choose not to complete it. I was wondering if it was really as bad as it seems and if the process is Phoenix specific or AZ Post.
    I just completed mine and it was difficult. You have to track down all your training you've had throughout your career and get a break down of it into hours. In-service training has to be a certified copy or on dept letterhead and the same with the academy or college you attended. Then you have to tally up all the hours and fill it in on the corresponding areas on the AZ waiver. It lists on the waiver how many desired hours they want for each section..This was no piece of cake for me..took about three weeks or so to track stuff down and then get copies. Of course, when thats done then you have the background packet.

Leave a comment:

• Max Fischer
    replied
    I have no idea on those answers, and I would hate to give bad information. Here are a couple of links that may help.

http://www.azpost.state.az.us/

Or you can email questions to:

[email protected]

Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• S.D.
    replied
    Phoenix...the BI is going to send me one of the background packets and the forms to get the AZ waiver. I was told you have to account hour for hour the requirments for the AZ Post with my already completed LET academy and advanced training. It sounded like it is a complex task and many choose not to complete it. I was wondering if it was really as bad as it seems and if the process is Phoenix specific or AZ Post.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What department are you looking to work with? I had the same question, but have found that many departments, ie. Tucson, Pima require the same application process as an entry level applicant. I know that Tucson requires you to attend their academy even if you are POST Certified in another state. If anyone else knows different, please enlighten me.

Leave a comment:

• S.D.
    started a topic AZ POST Waivers

AZ POST Waivers

I'm lookings for anybody that has tried, successfully or unsuccessfully, to go theough the AZ Post waiver process. Any suggestions, comments or experiences would be helpful.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8283 users online. 414 members and 7869 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X