300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois LE Testers Wanted

This is just a thought, I never see too much about anybody from IL posting on here. I figured we could keep it all in one thread for the folks in LincolnLand. For example, we could share thoughts, questions, you name it - here.

I guess I'll lead off. I'm from the southern suburbs of Chicago. Today, I went to the NWMC orientation today. It was rather ho-hum compared to others I have went to but it is exciting in that it's a 4-for-1 deal with the departments to test ratio. I'll probably test for Carol Stream later on and I'll also be testing for Wilmette next month. I'm still waiting for the results of my interview with Woodridge. . . I have tested for Oak Park, Schaumburg, Buffalo Grove, and Woodridge was my highest placing. Yadda yadda yadda.

I hope to hear from other Illinosians, then maybe the posting will be of some interest to others.

Good luck to all. Hope to hear from others soon.

Hey I am from Ohio, but I tested with Highland Park about a 18 months ago, how is that dept anyway?
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Comment

Hey, Im from the great state of IL , Actually I'm serious I really love it here, I am also from the south burbs. Good luck to ya deliangst, it sounds like you are getting a lot of apps out.

Sorry dont know much about Highland Park.

Comment

Southwest burbs and I am starting the suburban LEO academy at COD on July 11th (anyone else going to this academy?)
        "No ma'am I'm not racist; I can assure you that I hate everyone equally"

Comment

Howdy

Fellas, how we doin'? I can't say I know anything about Highland Park but good luck with that. As for the rest of you guys, welcome. The academy with COD is great. How did you come about with that? I think COD was/or is hiring for some FT LEO, is that where it comes from?

Comment

Bolingbrook is sending me to the Academy.
            i got my offer a week ago, I just need to do the POWER test on the 28th which should be easy barring any injuries.

Comment

Congrats, Titan!

I am from the SW burbs (Oswego) and have applied at Oswego and Kendall County so far... had to put my applying on hold for a little bit because I just started a new job, but will be back in it in a few weeks.

I am on the list for Oswego, and am awaiting word from Kendall

Comment

I am from Northern Ill. Ive been applying up here to any and all, from the local county to the state police. Fun-fun.

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

Comment

well, figured I'd post some of the current depts. looking for new folk -

Job Title - Department - Posted
                  Correctional Officer -Tazewell County - 6/13/2005
                  Police Officer - Carol Stream - 6/8/2005
                  Police Officer - Morton Grove - 6/8/2005
                  Police Officer - Niles - 6/8/2005
                  Police Officer - Northbrook- 6/8/2005
                  Police Officer - Wheeling - 6/8/2005
                  Patrol Officer - Village of Worth Police Department- 6/8/2005
                  Police Officer - Rochelle - 5/31/2005
                  Police Officer - Wilmette - 5/24/2005
                  Police Officer - Bridgeview - 5/23/2005
                  Police Officer -Mundelein - 5/23/2005
                  Police Officer - Chicago Ridge - 5/23/2005
                  Police Officer - Chicago- 5/18/2005
                  Dispatcher - Decatur - 5/17/2005
                  Police Officer -Johnsburg Police Department -5/16/2005

Comment

Titan, CalistoBass, SunshineGal, hello.

Calisto, thanks for all the info.

Comment

Hello everyone.

Elgin is also hiring.

http://cityofelgin.org/jobs.asp?JobID=63

Comment

Thanks Callistobass and good luck to you all. Anybody know anything about that decatur job opening? I would think that would be one of the worst places in the state to work. Am I wrong?

Comment

titan,
                          What number are you on the current Bolingbrook list? Just wondering, I am 46 on it but going to SLEA in July from somewhere else so I assume I will see ya there!
                          For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Jeff, I started out at 15. Where you gonna be comin from? And is everyone doing the POWER on the 28th? Congrats on gettin on!

Comment

Originally posted by Titan67
                              Thanks Callistobass and good luck to you all. Anybody know anything about that decatur job opening? I would think that would be one of the worst places in the state to work. Am I wrong?

haha! If Decatur is anything as bad as my college roomate (who was a native Decaturian) .... yeah, it would be one of the worst places to work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12191 users online. 408 members and 11783 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X