Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-policing positions within the department

Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask your expertise on possible practicum placements within a policing agency. I am not interested in becoming an officer but I would still like to work in the field. What positions can you think of?

They only ones I can think of is:
    Police call reception
    Administrative assistance

This is why I need your help

(If it matters, it will be my first of 2 five month practicums in my Criminal Justice degree - 3rd year)

Evidence technician

crime scene technician

fingerprint analysist

community service officer-take reports

dispatcher

animal control

code enforcement

Comment

Thanks for your reply it was very helpful.

I have another question though. Some of those titles, such as forensic analyst-type positions - are they available to people with CJ degrees in the US? In Canada, I believe the basic requirement in a science degree, however without a master's or PhD, the door is often closed.

Comment

Originally posted by canuck21
        Thanks for your reply it was very helpful.

I have another question though. Some of those titles, such as forensic analyst-type positions - are they available to people with CJ degrees in the US? In Canada, I believe the basic requirement in a science degree, however without a master's or PhD, the door is often closed.
        I think, but I'm not sure, that you would need a forensic technicians certificate.
        At my local community college it takes two years to get one. I'm not sure if that degree helps you meet the requirements to work at my local sheriff's office though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4595 users online. 256 members and 4339 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X