300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have one more question

Hi first i want to say thanks to all of you who have helped and answered my question befor. I have one more question what is the best way to answer this qurestion at an interview ? can you give me some examples you might use ? "please tell us about some of your weaknesses."

Just think of a particular weakness you may have and elaborate on it... not a tough question.. nobody is perfect.

Comment

I didn't get asked, but if I did, I was going to say procrastination and my expectations of others. I consider myself to have high morales and good work ethic, unfortunately a lot of others don't. This is more in regards to co-workers as opposed to the general public.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EMcNeice
        Just think of a particular weakness you may have and elaborate on it... not a tough question.. nobody is perfect.
        it may sem like an easy question but you want to Always have a response that will show that they are actually strengths

Comment

The key to most interviews is to always turn a negative into a positive. I believe I stated that my weakness was that I am a perfectionist, that I dwell on mistakes and over analyze them, which is true. But I added that I am constantly reminding myself that everyone makes mistakes and that the important thing to remember is not to dwell on the mistake but to learn from it so you won't repeat it.

Remember, your selling yourself to the department so be prepared. I highly recommend you pick up several different books on the police hiring process, it is money well spent. If you cannot afford to buy them, your local library will more than likely have them to check out.

Good luck!
          Rex

Comment

Just be honest. I would personally avoid the strategy of making weaknesses sound like strengths. Saying you're a "perfectionist," "expect too much from others," "hate to lose," "are impatient," "always put others before yourself," etc., are all smoke screens and can easily be seen as such by any savvy interviewer. You still want any weakness to be relatively innocuous, but don't try to scam the scammers.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

I can see what you saying lawdog, but I was not implying to throw up the smoke. Like I said and as we know, many "type A" personalities have this weakness. For me, it came off as being the truth because it was the truth. Perhaps the word perfectionist was wrong, maybe saying something like, "I dwell on my mistakes too long" would be more appropiate. But I stand by turning a negative into a positive. I think it shows that you can work past your weakness whatever it may be.
              Last edited by Rex; 06-08-2005, 07:13 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6518 users online. 349 members and 6169 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X