Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What could I do in three months to make myself a better applicant?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could I do in three months to make myself a better applicant?

I'm working out almost every day.

I'm considering either taking a Spanish class at the local CC or doing a CD audio Spanish course.

And I'm sure there are books that I can study with practice questions that are common on oral boards and interviews.

Anything else that I can do in the next few months that will improve my chances at being hired?

Volunteer with kids at someplace in your town.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Where are you looking to get hired on? I am in process with Dallas PD. Your already working out a lot which is good. Run, run, run.

Comment

Keep us updated on how things are going with Dallas. I would love to hear about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyboy
          Where are you looking to get hired on? I am in process with Dallas PD. Your already working out a lot which is good. Run, run, run.
          My first choice is Arlington and I have about 6-8 back-up choices.

Comment

Learn........

Take a CPR and First Aid Course. These are things you will have to learn in the academy. There will probably be a lot of "good applicants." To stand out, you need to show you have the ability to learn. When you complete these courses, you will get completion certificates or certification cards. Include these in your application packet.

Also, as recommended earlier, VOLUNTEER. Places some people don't think of... The local blood bank--- straightening magazines, handing out cookies. Also, if you can, offer to help at a school.

Also, think of taking a security guard class--- Goes to that whole ability to learn thing. And, it will show you a little of what you will learn in the academy.
            If you won't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

If you won't get an ***** whoopin' with me, you're gonna get one from me---stolen

www.sportbikes.net

Comment

#1 Stay out of trouble
              #2 Take some practice police written exams.
              #3 Study Basic Spanish for Law Enforcement
              #4 Run, Run, and Run
              #5 Keep your credit clean
              #6 Go to the gym and pump some iron
              #7 Volunteer work, try to accumulate 100+ hours of community service.

Contact me at [email protected] and I will send you some free stuff relating to law enforcement.
              Good Luck and Test Well!
              Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
              6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

If you REALLY want to stand out as a high class candidate...

1. turn into a female
                2. become bi-lingual
                3. become a minority

Now seriously, you're on a good start. Get in good shape, focus on your education. Maybe take some espanol classes. Do some volunteer work with some good local community groups. Spend some time getting to know the ins and outs of the municipality/county where you're applying. Alot of departments love to hear how much you know about their place already.
                Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10967 users online. 402 members and 10565 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X