300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview tomm.

I have an interview with the local ICE agency in the morning. I'm not really sure what to expect but at least this will be my first interview for any agency so we shall see how it goes. I believe it is with just 1 person but not sure..

I'll be happy to get this one over with and finally see what to expect in future ones that are coming up
    Leave Space Empty

Just relax and answer honestly. I just had my first oral board a few days ago and I passed it no problem. If it's just with one person, it might just be a BI interview. I know one of the agencies I applied with doesn't due oral boards, but you do sit down with a BI investigator for a few hours and they ask you questions about yourself, as well as your past history. Just be prepared for questions like, strengths/weaknesses, goals, what you've done to prepare, why you think you'd be a good cop, worse thing you've ever done, etc...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Airforcop
      Just be prepared for questions like, strengths/weaknesses, goals, why you think you'd be a good cop, worse thing you've ever done, etc...

This turned out to be an pre interview of sorts....He was extremely laid back and a truely nice guy...Went thru the usaul questions just like above..

He was interviewing 30-35 people this week,all are walkins who learned of this opening somehow( not sure but didn't ask). They are narrowing the above to the top 15 to go thru the application process...Should have an answer by Monday..

What was cool is when it was all done,he asked to be evaluated by me on how he thought he was as far as coming across to myself..that was unexpected.....He said i did well in the interview as I told him I was nervous as not being to an interview for 15 years so that made me feel good to get the first one over and under my belt....We shall what happens but I do believe it's a long shot for me as all those other interviewies have LEO exp. and i don't.

One big thing he did say was that I was the first to ask about the pay scale and also he was impressed by my resume which was short and to the point....He said there were many resumes that came in that were long(up to 6 pages) and said there is no way he was gonna read that...

Keep that in mind to anyone sending resume's out

On to the next one on June 20th
      Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by GPOC
        This turned out to be an pre interview of sorts....He was extremely laid back and a truely nice guy...Went thru the usaul questions just like above..

He was interviewing 30-35 people this week,all are walkins who learned of this opening somehow( not sure but didn't ask). They are narrowing the above to the top 15 to go thru the application process...Should have an answer by Monday..

What was cool is when it was all done,he asked to be evaluated by me on how he thought he was as far as coming across to myself..that was unexpected.....He said i did well in the interview as I told him I was nervous as not being to an interview for 15 years so that made me feel good to get the first one over and under my belt....We shall what happens but I do believe it's a long shot for me as all those other interviewies have LEO exp. and i don't.

One big thing he did say was that I was the first to ask about the pay scale and also he was impressed by my resume which was short and to the point....He said there were many resumes that came in that were long(up to 6 pages) and said there is no way he was gonna read that...

Keep that in mind to anyone sending resume's out

On to the next one on June 20th
        Hope it works out for you GPOC. Is this the position that is based out of the Baltimore area? One of my superiors was thinking about putting in for that, but decided not to.

Comment

Originally posted by mdcop4life
          Hope it works out for you GPOC. Is this the position that is based out of the Baltimore area? One of my superiors was thinking about putting in for that, but decided not to.

Yes...the office is in Baltimore but he said only maybe 1 or 2 that make this cut/process will get baltimore...the rest are gonna be asked to ship elsewhere which they will tell you if they offer you a position and then you can say yes or no to it(this will be an issue for me I think)......Academy is 20 weeks long....OT is not available but they add 25% to your base pay because you work 10 hours a day and are on call 24/7 so i guess that averages out.

I didn't ask the guys with me this morning who they worked for but I do know 1 was Capitol Police( he had a pin on his suit) and I do know 5-6 yesterday were from the Uniform Division of Secret Service.

This was a surprise interview for me due to no LEO exp so if anything just the interview process on it will be a huge positive for easing my nerves on the next ones....I'm still amazed by how laid back the interviewer was..it was unreal how cool he was but my good friend is in the same squad/unit as him so I'm sure that may have helped.......
          Leave Space Empty

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7926 users online. 291 members and 7635 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X