300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Minneapolis area...

I just recently received a conditional job offer with a metro area police agency and I need to go through the Physical, Psych. and drug screen for this agency.

My question is, has anyone ever taken a psychology exam with the Martin-McAllister Consulting Psychologists, Inc.?

Just looking for a little insight and advice into this firm, not on how to beat the test, etc.

Any response would be greatly appreciated!
    The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or dog?

Originally posted by toneloc1079
    I just recently received a conditional job offer with a metro area police agency and I need to go through the Physical, Psych. and drug screen for this agency.

My question is, has anyone ever taken a psychology exam with the Martin-McAllister Consulting Psychologists, Inc.?

Just looking for a little insight and advice into this firm, not on how to beat the test, etc.

Any response would be greatly appreciated!
    You know I say this to everyone in here thats ask the question you are asking....ha, you say you don't want to "beat the test", which you can't anyway! However, what you are asking, is a way to cheat it by all means! What you need to do is if you want the job in LE so bad, Suck it up, be a man/woman and go in there by yourself and take the test, meet with the pychologist by yourself. If you go in there with information from some knucklehead in here and you think on the test, well "copwannabe",etc told me to asnwer question # 445 true....you will only screw yourself in the long run! Whether it's Bert and Ernies Pyscho or Bush/Cheney...most tests are all the same and if they feel you are unfit to be in LE, they will not pass you.

With that, take my words for granted or ignore it. I would just hate to see someone throw there career away for asking a stupid question.

Good luck!
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Well...I thank you for the honesty in your response. No offense taken by it at all. And I truly don't want to beat a test. Do I want to pass?? Of course, who wouldn't. I was merely getting at getting some input on psychs in general. Hell, I don't even know what tests they offer.

But anyways. Thanks for the advice. I'll go in as myself, blah blah blah.
      The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or dog?

Comment

You can't practice for a psych and you really don't need to prepare. Here is what to expect from my experience...You'll take a pretty long test with really easy questions that are repeated many times over with different wording. I.E. Have you ever considered killing yourself? Have you ever thought about hurting yourself? Have you ever wanted to die?

Of course they won't ask them one after the other, they'll be mixed in but you get the idea.

Then you'll probably sit down in front of a shrink and they'll ask you some more questions. I think my final question was..."If you could chose to be any animal, what would it be and why?"

That's it, a half day of sweating over whether or not these freaks with doctorial degrees will determine that you are unfit to carry a gun!

Good luck,
        Gibbmusic
        Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

As someone who's gone through a couple of these processes and spent ALOT of time studying psych (finishing my BS, and starting my MS very soon), and a full semester studying LE hiring, take my reply for wha its worth...

You can not fake/cheat these tests. It is darn near impossible to do so with the way they are written and assessed. It depends how the meeting is done with the shrink. At my department, the shrink waits to go over your written results before speaking to you (about 2 weeks). I actually scored in the "perfect" zone on my first time through the written, I was never asked to speak to the shrink and got to skip that portion of the process.

The advice for these tests...BE HONEST!!! If you aren't it will definately show in your test results. The shrink WILL call you on your dishonesty in the test (if they see your results) or (if they don't) you will be dropped from the process. Honesty on these tests is WAY more important than answering questions "right". Even if you have some "wrong" you will get a chance to explain why they are that way, rather than just have to deal with it.
          Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3482 users online. 224 members and 3258 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X