Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acceptable dress code for poly and pysch?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, now that we have moved beyond that, shop around. We have a place out here called 3 day suit brokers who are, surprisingly, only open friday-sunday. They are very cheap for awsome suits. Listen to talk radio, they are sure to have a commercial for something similar.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Im not real sure what we have in oklahoma, but I looked around and the internet and the mens wharehouse seems to be priced ok. Any suggestion and what colors to wear?

Comment

Originally posted by oSutrooper
        Im not real sure what we have in oklahoma, but I looked around and the internet and the mens wharehouse seems to be priced ok. Any suggestion and what colors to wear?

Black suit works for any and everything....different color shirts and ties......

maybe 3 different or at least 2
        Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by oSutrooper
          Dang OSU, you really need to change yourscreename to "my mama needs to dress me" instead of Osutrooper....!!!!!!!

Wear something plain...unless you feel since its spring you may want to shed some of your bright colors....wear the colors of OSU...that might get ya the job
          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Black can look nice but shows lint, go with a dark grey, single breasted suit. White shirt for your oral and maybe very light grey or blue for other interviews. For your ties, buy them at the same time as you buy your shirts and suit and let the guys at the store help you out. You'll want something with some red in it but not too much red. A few red stripes are nice. Bring your girlfriend along with you also and elicit her opinion and that of the merchant and you should be good to go. Do you have proper shoes. Buy a set of all black wing tips, good ones, you'll wear them again.

PK
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I would check with the recruiter about the dress code for Polygraph. When I was processing with my department they told me to dress business casual for the poly so that I would be comfortable. I wore Khaki's and a button down shirt with no tie. However, I would always suggest a suit for the other parts.
              "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we don't."

Comment

Due to being an out of state applicant and having my physical and psych exam both in the same day...and having to drive out into the 'burbs after my physical to get a respirator fit test...thus running rather late...I showed up for my psych interview in the same outfit I went for my physical in, which is to say, jeans and a t-shirt. In spite of that, I passed the psych exam with no problems, but I would recommend at least Dockers and a dress shirt if you have time.

Comment

The paperwork for my poly said to wear casual clothing (ie. slacks and a nice shirt). I wore a suit for my pysch just to be safe. Other guy there had on slacks and a shirt. It was very informal, so I'm sure either were safe for this particualr visit.
                  sigpic

Comment

If they specify to wear business casual then wear business casual. If you don't it looks like you can't follow directions.

Comment

Wore a suit to the poly and business casual to the pscyh.

Did fine on both.
                      Be a leader, not a follower

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11889 users online. 448 members and 11441 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X