Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acceptable dress code for poly and pysch?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acceptable dress code for poly and pysch?

Are slacks and a nice button up shirt, possibly a tie thrown in the mix, good enough for either of these? Or do I need to break out the suit?
    sigpic

How bad do you want the job

All contacts with the police or sheriff dept, especially with the polygrapher or psychologis should be in a suit. If you want this job real bad, and I know you do, put on that suit. Sell yourself.. the other applicants will try to take your job away from you. You've went this far, don't lower your guard. Good luck.
    Good Luck and Test Well!
    Author of: How to become a peace officer by Wayne LeQuang (google it)

L.B.P.D. Academy #75
    6 month of pain, for a 30 year career.

visit: youtube.com "Black Monday" Great Video from LASD.

Comment

You can never go wrong with a suit unless it is for the PT portion of your testing. Buy one good suit and several different shirts and ties. Bring an extra shirt and tie with you in your car to every interview. Nothing is as bad as spilling some coffee on your shirt right before an interview.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

how about the oral board in a small down, does a suit mean that you are to over dress or would a nice button up shirt and slacks be ok?

Comment

Wear a suit, repeat, wear a suit.
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Interesting, I've never worn a suit to an interview. I've been hired twice and been offere (but I turned down) 2 other jobs.

Depends on the departments I guess. Or possibly the region.
            Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

A suit is something you can not go wrong with for a job that you are going to be in public everyday and having to look professional as it is. There is no exact "code of dress" for an interview, etc, however, it is highly RECOMMENDED
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

PKAGEL hit the nail on the head. Buy a suit, get some different shirts, and a few ties to match. You absolutely can not go wrong in a suit. First impressions are everything. Better to be overdressed than underdressed. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by jeeper
                  Interesting, I've never worn a suit to an interview. I've been hired twice and been offere (but I turned down) 2 other jobs.

Depends on the departments I guess. Or possibly the region.
                  but what size of a department, the one that I am trying for as about 15 officers and about 5000 people

Comment

..........just wear a SUIT....don't worry about the size of the Dept....
                    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

if i find my old 70's lemon-lime leisure suit....i'll send it to ya......
                      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

suit always

Comment

You know, Maybe they would think it is fine but do you really want to risk it. What is it that you have against wearing a suit anyway? If you make detective you'll be in a suit every day.

Originally posted by oSutrooper
                          but what size of a department, the one that I am trying for as about 15 officers and about 5000 people

Comment

A city PD of 40 officers in a city of 25K. And a County agency of nearly 500 in a county of almost 500K.

I'm not saying I don't recommend wearing a suit, just that I never have.

And, our detectives don't wear suits either. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a detective from my Dept in a suit.
                            Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                              You know, Maybe they would think it is fine but do you really want to risk it. What is it that you have against wearing a suit anyway? If you make detective you'll be in a suit every day.
                              Point taken, guess i going shopping for a suit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8798 users online. 235 members and 8563 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X