Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Police Requirments

Post Deleted.
    Last edited by SWATdude170; 11-09-2008, 04:19 AM.

They just fired their whole academy class, the city counsel is taking money away from the police budget and they might have to fire some sworn officers, half their officers just called in with the "blue flu" and they pay WAY less than the surrounding nicer areas. You want to work there why
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/police/d...it/recruit.htm
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by SWATdude170
        Hello, I am from Maryland and I want to join the DPD.What are the requirements?

where in Md.?
        Leave Space Empty

Comment

'Unusual number' of Detroit cops are ill

Friday, May 27, 2005

BY MARISOL BELLO
          FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Detroit police officers came down with a mild case of the blue flu on Friday in what the police chief believes is a protest of the deep cuts to the department approved by the Detroit City Council.

Police Chief Ella Bully-Cummings said Friday that several precincts throughout the city received

Comment

Hello, I am from Maryland and I want to join the DPD.
            Have you thought that through???
            Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Post Deleted.

Comment

Post Deleted.

Comment

"I knew the DPD had some problems,but not this big."

Then can I suggest you go ahead and do some real research before committing to probably the most dangerous city in the nation, policed by the least funded, most stressed, overworked and unsupported cops?
                  It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

I was born in Maryland and moved to Highland Park in Detroit.And I plan on joining the DPD.I am from Germantown,MD if you know where that is.I knew the DPD had some problems,but not this big.

Know it well.....Grew up in Crofton,just outside Annapolis myself

GL to you
                    Leave Space Empty

Comment

Do not waste your time with DPD. I was out at the recruiting office to take my MCOLES writtens and fill out their Application. Their app is a 3x5 card and a couple waivers. After speaking with the background investigator I was told I am automatically DQ'd because of a misdemeanor charge when I was 17. This type of charge is not an automatic DQ is that dept or any other that I've looked into. The woman said "WE dont think you'd make a good fit here"
                      Now I'm not calling anybody anything, but every Ofc. was AA and I'm white. I get an automatic DQ on something that isn't and told "I wouldnt make a good fit"... Hmmm...To make it worse, the guy in front of me was talking with her and she mentioned "if you can get rid of that agg battery charge, you've got a chance." Hmmmm... Later that night I did a ridealong with a suburb dept and talked with an Ofc. who transfered there from Detroit. He didnt have one positive thing to say about the entire Dept.

Avoid the Detroit PD.

Comment

What was your charge Serpico...and if u are so against Detroit, why apply yo being with and also...words of wisdoms. Watch the racist cracks in here!
                        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I don't think that was a racist crack. AA is discrimination, and it happens.
                          Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

....but to put every "Ofc. was AA and I am white"...WTF...Happens, so be it, however, the kid needs to watch his remarks thats all!
                            "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv
                              ....but to put every "Ofc. was AA and I am white"...WTF...Happens, so be it, however, the kid needs to watch his remarks thats all!
                              I didn't mean any disrespect by it. Hell, I didn't mean anything by it. It was an observation. Another observation is that the guy who was being interviewed before me was AA and had a felony on his record...yet was told if he could get rid of it, he had a shot. I had a misdemeanor marijuana possession from 5+ years ago and I got DQ'd. Like I said in my first post, I'm not accusing anybody of anything. Just seemed a little harsh to instantly DQ the guy with a misdemeanor from 5+ years ago, yet give the guy with a felony a chance.

"...and if u are so against Detroit, why apply yo being with and also...words of wisdoms."

All due respect, that didn't make much sense. I'll try to answer it the best i can. I am not against the City of Detroit. I've got a lot of respect for any officer working in a **** poor city where a good percentage of the population do not agree with what they do...all the while, they have a mayor that's driving the budget into a huge debt as well as cutting command staff and recruits. The reason I applied is simple. My parents are moving north of Detroit and I wanted to be near them. But after my experience with the recruiting unit, as well as the mayor's situation, I'm a little less than thrilled with the direction the department is heading for.

We eye to eye on this yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6925 users online. 343 members and 6582 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X