• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI: Gwinnett County, Ga to hire 100

Sheriff's department looking to hire 100

By TASGOLA KARLA BRUNER
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 05/21/05
    The Gwinnett County Sheriff's Department is looking to fill at least 100 positions and they're throwing in a $2,000 hiring incentive.

The department will host a job fair from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today at the Gwinnett County Detention Center on Hi Hope Road just off Ga. 316.

EMAIL THIS
    PRINT THIS
    MOST POPULAR

The 100-plus positions are needed because the department must staff an expanded jail by next year, plus provide additional security at the Gwinnett County courthouse.

Applicants will be able to tour department facilities and see demonstrations by various units, including the K-9 team, the Special Warrant Service team, which responds to high-risk warrants being served, and the Rapid Response Team, which responds to incidents in the jail.

Applicants must be at least 18 years old. Qualifications are a high school diploma or GED, a valid Georgia driver's license and U.S. citizenship. All applicants must undergo a background check.

Entry-level testing will be completed on site. The test is waived for anyone with prior military service or law enforcement experience or a college degree.

For more information, call the recruitment office at 770-822-3134 or visit www.gwinnettcountysheriff.
    "Life should be a mission and adventure, not just a mere existence"

Yeah come work here, so I can play pranks on you during roll-call.

Really quick hire for those qualified enough.
    Last edited by SO535; 06-05-2005, 10:36 PM.

Comment

valid Georgia Drivers license...

well, I ain't gonna even try.
      Though their numbers are many, as the grass upon the field, we will count them at the end of the day.

Comment

I'm assuming these are CO positions in the jail? What are the chances of ever seeing patrol and is that a different process?

Comment

The sheriffs office doesn't do patrol as there is a seperate county police department.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtfuzz
            The sheriffs office doesn't do patrol as there is a seperate county police department.
            Ok thanks, Im used to the SO handling everything from jail to patrol and everything in between..

Comment

Originally posted by dBrown
              I'm assuming these are CO positions in the jail? What are the chances of ever seeing patrol and is that a different process?
              The job position is referred as Deputy Sheriff I, which is a jail officer. Deputy Sheriff II is also wide open and we are taking applications for is for GA P.O.S.T. certified law enforcement officers.

I started off as a D/S I and was told that it will be about a year and a half before I can go to the academy. It ends up that I will only wait 9 months. With the recent events taking place in Fulton County, we are also stepping up our court security division. If someone was to get hired, and pass the physical agility test right away you would go to the next academy(max 6 month wait). One of our D/S IIs has only spent 8 months in detention division before transfering.

In addition to the beefed up security at the courthouse, we are also online to open up an expansion of our detention center which in just the first phase will double our capacity.

We also have a Field Operations Division which of couse serves warrants.

WE NEED DEPUTIES!

Comment

SO535,

How long is the hiring process? What types of advanced assignments are available after being POST certified? Thanks.

Comment

It only took 7 weeks from the submission of my background pakage to hire. Go to our website for further info www.gwinnettcountysheriff.com On the website it will show and describe all divisions of the department.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12520 users online. 456 members and 12064 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X