300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contra Costa Sheriffs department ?

Just wondering have any of you applied with the contra Costa Sheriffs department in California?

Jim-
    I have applied for Deputy Sheriff in Contra Costa County. I passed my physical and written exams earlier this month and I completed my oral board interview last week. I am still waiting to hear back from them on the results of the oral board interview.
    Last edited by tristan; 05-21-2005, 12:58 AM.
    Santa Cruz Police Department
    Your Police, Our Community

Comment

Contra Costa Sheriffs department ?

Thanks for responding. Could you tell me what the interview was like? what kinds of questions did they give you? Were there any questions that you thought were a little hard or maybe you didn't know how to answer? was there any part of the process that you wish you had studied before you applied?

Comment

Jim-
        The oral board interview in Contra Costa County was my first law enforcement interview ever. From reading some of the other posts on here, I think the interview was pretty standard. Two Sergeants interviewed me, one was in uniform, and one was not. The first question was: tell us about yourself. I stumbled over my first couple of words because I was so nervous, but I regained my composure and maintained smooth, clear responses throughout the rest of the interview. They asked me two scenario questions: one about responding to a neighborhood disturbance and the other about a situation that can arise in jail. I used common sense and answered the best I could. I don't think there was anything I could have done to better prepare for the oral board interview. My advice to you is to be yourself and realize that the interview is your time to show them that you're better than the rest of the candidates out there. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jim1174
          Thanks for responding. Could you tell me what the interview was like? what kinds of questions did they give you? Were there any questions that you thought were a little hard or maybe you didn't know how to answer? was there any part of the process that you wish you had studied before you applied?

Sorry to butt in, but makes sure you keep good eye contact, I didn't apparently, and it failed me out. Good luck!
          Stay Safe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Caprice66
            Sorry to butt in, but makes sure you keep good eye contact, I didn't apparently, and it failed me out. Good luck!
            Caprice-
            You
            Last edited by tristan; 05-21-2005, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Just boosting my site here since your a new guy. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

It is where I keep all my notes from the academy. You'll find it very usefull. Sign in, do your profile and start downloading.
              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I just took the written and physical tests for COCO county on June 4. I passed that and they told me to come back on June 7 (yesterday). After my oral board, they told me to wait in the lobby for somebody. A background officer came out and took me into an interview room for a pre-background interview and to schedule me for my poly on Fri (June 10). All they told me was that I did well enough to move to backgrounds right away; they told me my actual score would be mailed to me in about two weeks.

Comment

Coco

That's awesome, I'm currently applying for Pittsburg and Hercules. My written and physical for Pittsburg is this Saturday. If you don't mind me asking, what were some of the questions on the written that surprised you?

Comment

I have many moons ago.

Not a bad department. The jailers could be a bit more vidulant. Keep getting creative items coming into our R+R from there on the I/m's. Great pay and good guys over all. You will have to do 18 to 24 months in the jail I think but you will learn who your clients will be later there. In the corrections department we are all about return customers.

Comment

Hey sarge whats r+r on the inmates?

Yeah, I gotta say I'm not totally excited about having to work the jails (and I told my oral board that, but I also explained that I realized what a learning opportunity it is). The pay does seem pretty high and I think it has a better pay to housing cost than most depts in the Bay Area.

BTW. I'm a fairly new poster, what agency are you with if you don't mind me asking.

Comment

R and R answer.

Recieving and Release. I am a SGT at San Quentin. Hope to get picked up as a parole agent this year sometime.

Comment

mrcrowley11 did you get my private mesage ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4135 users online. 192 members and 3943 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X