300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kwajalein Police, Marshall Islands

Anyone ever hear of this place?? It's an island in the Marshall's leased by the U.S. army for a missile defense test site. They hire experienced police officers for yearly terms to serve as police officers there. Looks like it would be a cool experience, except you have to go unaccompanied.

http://alutiiq.com/jobs/applications/kpd-info.pdf

http://alutiiq.com/jobs/applications/kwaj-info.pdf
    Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Its where they store certain types of biological and chemical weapons. Your a department of army police officer. If you can spend a year away from your family its a great job. I know folks who have done it and have gone to Guam also. You also get paid trip to Hawaii.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by Washingtonian
      Anyone ever hear of this place?? It's an island in the Marshall's leased by the U.S. army for a missile defense test site. They hire experienced police officers for yearly terms to serve as police officers there. Looks like it would be a cool experience, except you have to go unaccompanied.

http://alutiiq.com/jobs/applications/kpd-info.pdf

http://alutiiq.com/jobs/applications/kwaj-info.pdf
      If you are looking to be a gung-ho cop, this is not the place. IT's more of being a security guard and dealing with the drunk/employess of the Island. I believe the pay is only about $8.00 an hour I think and its a 1 yr deal initially. You do have to be single basically as they do not allow you to take dependents or spouses. It is not a Department of the Army Police Position. It is a Police Department of the Marshall Islands in itself.

I myself looked in to it as well, but the $$ was a downer and hect most of the people there are married, etc...so no women!
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I've been there when I was in the service (can't say why or when) but the place is great... really small about 2 miles big but beautiful and nice little get away
        "The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which one to burn"

Comment

Is there any sort of agreement that if you leave to go here, you will come back and still have a job? Seems like it could be a good deal for someone who might be getting a bit burnt out and is single. They could go relax in the sunshine and warmth, get paid, and take some time off from their daily grind.

Comment

Originally posted by Tagman
            Is there any sort of agreement that if you leave to go here, you will come back and still have a job? Seems like it could be a good deal for someone who might be getting a bit burnt out and is single. They could go relax in the sunshine and warmth, get paid, and take some time off from their daily grind.

There's no agreement unless your employer gives you a leave of absence for however long you're there. I'm pretty sure you'd maintain a police certification though, so you wouldn't have to completely start over when you come back. I'd be all over it, if I was single.

Comment

Anyone ever hear of this place??
              I did a one year contract out there a couple of years ago and still have friends out there....

Originally posted by irishlad2nv
              If you are looking to be a gung-ho cop, this is not the place. IT's more of being a security guard and dealing with the drunk/employess of the Island. I believe the pay is only about $8.00 an hour I think and its a 1 yr deal initially. You do have to be single basically as they do not allow you to take dependents or spouses. It is not a Department of the Army Police Position. It is a Police Department of the Marshall Islands in itself.
              Irish is correct to a point. If you are looking to be someone kicking in doors and making a ton of arrests, then this isn't the place for you. Though, there are domestics and drunks to deal with, which can be fun at times. You are actually employed by a US Private Military Contractor. The Army issues you a commission to do your job, but you will not fall under HR218 when you return to the States.
              The pay is around $12.00 and goes up a bit after you've been there a while. Turn-over is high and there is always room to advance after you have been there a while. I was there for a year and left as a SGT. They have added bonuses ($2500 bonus for being there a year) and they include your food/boarding/uniforms/etc......in what you make since they pay for it all. Plus they like to toss in the fact that you don't have a vehicle or gas to worry about. I made around 40K tax free and from what I have heard, most are averaging about 45K-50K tax free, if you work a lot of hours.

If you leave early, you are on your own to get back to the US. I have seen people blow around 2K to get back to the US.
              As for training, you have to already have MP or a Civilian LEO Academy to go out there.....plus be able to get a Secret Security Clearance. You MAY get to go into a SRT or K-9 slot if they have an opening but most of those go to people that have been there for years.

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0
              Its where they store certain types of biological and chemical weapons.
              WRONG!! That was Johnston Atoll (It closed in 2003). Kwaj does nothing but Space and Missle Defense related stuff.

If someone was getting burned out from there PD and needed a break, if you wanted to get away from it all, or if you are just coming out of the Military as a LEO, then this would be the place to go.

Comment

They are employed by Alutiq LLC Security correct?

Thats good you left there as a SGT. Bear...I was thinking of going there when I was having personal issues..lol. Basically wanted the fun in the sun, however talked to some people and decided against it. Felt too much like the actual military to me..lol.

Anyway. Glad to hear u are back in the states.
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

They are employed by Alutiq LLC Security correct?
                  Yes they are..... When I was there, it was the dreaded Costal International Security.

Thats good you left there as a SGT. Bear...I was thinking of going there when I was having personal issues..lol. Basically wanted the fun in the sun, however talked to some people and decided against it. Felt too much like the actual military to me..lol.
                  Anyway. Glad to hear u are back in the states.
                  I had a good time there and have thought about going back again......It's a load of fun if you take it for what it's worth. If you go out there thinking it's going to be a hard-core Police job, you will come away mistaken.

Comment

Bearcat, how many hours per week did you work while you were there, on average? Did they have you working so much that you didn't get to enjoy the island?

Comment

Bearcat, how many hours per week did you work while you were there, on average? Did they have you working so much that you didn't get to enjoy the island?
                      According to the guys out there, they are requried to work at least a 50 hour week. I was working btwn 50-60 when I was there, so that makes off days few and far between. The main purpose for most folks that go out there is money.....so that was fine with me.
                      If you want to dive, boat, fish, etc.....you do have some time to do so, but if you were like me working PMs (3-11) it was rough to take the required classes to get your boat licenseor check dives in.
                      I spent most of my days off cycling, looking for a boat to ride on, swimming, etc.......

Comment

I myself looked in to it as well, but the $$ was a downer and hect most of the people there are married, etc...so no women!
                        You're looking at about $12/hr, which is about right because it's 12-hour days and there's not much to do when you're not working anyway, plus there's no taxes and very little out-of-pocket expenditures. You can take dependants and spouses and it's not a Marshalese Police position, they have their own PD.

Comment

I have a coworker that worked there as an officer....... He talks about it at least once a day...lol....
                          THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Sorry to bump a 3.5 year dead thread. I was wondering if anyone had more information about this place. I heard the pay went up to being somewhat respectable. Might be a sweet gig whenever I retire from the county. The recruiter won't give my any information until I submit a resume.
                            The suspect then repeatedly assaulted this officer by slamming his face into this officer's fist.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Texan View Post
                              Sorry to bump a 3.5 year dead thread. I was wondering if anyone had more information about this place. I heard the pay went up to being somewhat respectable. Might be a sweet gig whenever I retire from the county. The recruiter won't give my any information until I submit a resume.
                              PM me....as I know the old recruiter and know folks out there....one who just got out there for that matter that had been there with me before......

Pay has apparently gone up....and there is more room for OT than their use to be......

AFFES has showed up.....

A real bank has showed up (BOA)

Population is down.....but still doing the mission....

Still have to come out single unless you get a LT or above gig.....

They still pay for uniforms, food, and a place to live....

No POV's (personally owned vehicles) allowed....

PT test is easy to pass (my fat *** could do it)....

Great place to hang out for a year if the wife/gf/family will let you get away....

PM me and I will get the info via one phone call.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12009 users online. 480 members and 11529 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X