300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army C.I.D.

Would joining the Army Criminal investigative Division in the Army Reserves help advance my career in law enforcement?

Just looking for other opinions.

With my experience in and around the military I would say yes. Any previous experience can help you.

Comment

But remember when your doing your 6 years in the reserves be expected to be gone 3 years of that time in beautiful places such as Iraq or Afghanistan. if your already in civ le, I would not recommend it because of the fact you will be gone and will miss out on alot.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I will agree with orlando...you will , you will be deployed. Also i believe the school for CID is about 9 months long anyway and you must be an E-5 to join? Tobyt is correct by stating you can not just join the reserves and get into CID.
        Last edited by irishlad2nv; 05-18-2005, 06:12 PM.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Last time I looked into it (last year) you had to have the MOS of Military Police (prior service counted), have at least 60 hours of college credit hours, and E-4 through E-6.
          Not sure what one would do if they were not MOS qualified.
          I would suggest finding a local unit and talk to them. They all have recruiters.

Good luck.

Comment

I think the MP requirement can be waived if you have CIV LE experience. http://www.cid.army.mil is the website.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I have done some research. When they are deployed it is usually for about three months. Special Agent apprentice school is 4 months long. I would have to sign a 36-month contract. I have a 4-year college degree and civilian experience so some of the requirements can be waived for me. I think the extra training would really help me down the road. I would like to be a federal agent one day but I only have four years untill I am 34 so I have to start making some decision quick.

Comment

So if you are in LE now, why go CID to enhance your skills? Why not stay where you are at now and attend school, etc?
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

It's not that easy to get your foot in the door with another agency in Arkansas. Plus I think it would help me go federal.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13092 users online. 488 members and 12604 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X