300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Customs and Border Patrol

I am a young pilot with aspirations of one day flying for USCBP. I am in the process of doing career research and would like to know if anyone out there would be able to help me. I am specifically looking for pilot and aviator pay rates (if they are different). A starting salary and expected pay increases over my career would be helpful. What is the time away from home like? How often and for how long is one typically away? Without prior military experience will I have to become a field agent prior to applying for a Pilot/Aviator slot? In general, what is the life of a USCB pilot like and how does it affect family life?

My final question (for now), I tore my Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) in my knee and chose not to have surgery to repair it. I can function in my daily routines without a problem and am pretty active physically. I was told that when engaging in activities that would involve sharp knee movements (skiing, karate, etc) to wear my ACL brace. Does anyone believe this injury will hinder my acceptance and potential training (if they send pilots to field training).

I have been to the cbp.gov web-site and am familiar with the basic flight time requirements as posted, but could find little other information to guide me in my search. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tim.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6860 users online. 369 members and 6491 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X