300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga post

I hope someone from georgia can help me. Soon I will be moving to south Georgia from Florida where I hopefully can find local employment.
    I`ve heard several different answers about the Ga POST cert. Will I have to take a cross over class? Will my Fla. cert suffice? Also so is there any officers that work around Camden co. the could point me in the right direction?
    Thanks,Bebud

I know GA does have reciprocity with FL. so contact P.O.S.T at www.gapost.org. You'll have to take 200 hrs training to get GA certified.

Comment

I`ve looked at the website before.I thought that some of the requirements could be waived?

Comment

Yea, alot of it is waived for ya. When I went through the academy I went to class with a Former New orleans police officer. He was there maybe two days a week for certain classes like Criminal/Traffic Law, Defensive Tactics, and afew others but GA post will pick and choose what qualifies.

Comment

Thanks.I can`t afford to be off work for 5 weeks while transitioning.
          Any camden officers out there?
          bebud

Comment

Originally posted by bebud
            Thanks.I can`t afford to be off work for 5 weeks while transitioning.
            Any camden officers out there?
            bebud
            In South Georgia, the best departments to check out would probably be Savannah P.D., Glynn County P.D., and Brunswick P.D. Other than that, most of the others are relatively small agencies and have limited openings.
            God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9206 users online. 507 members and 8699 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X