• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sizzo718
    replied
    Originally posted by sox3321
    Sizzo

What exactly did the mini med day consist off?

The mini-medical consisted of a lot of paper work, paper work, paper work and oh, did I mention paper work? LOL. Also, there were other candidates that did not take their medical, and therefore, they had to do the whole bit -- haircut for drug test, eye, hearing and jumping tests, and the EKG. But those who have completed that in the past only filled out papers and we were done. It wasn't as bad as I had originally thought it would be.

Leave a comment:

• sox3321
    replied
    Sizzo

What exactly did the mini med day consist off?

Leave a comment:

• sizzo718
    replied
    Originally posted by irishstonesfan
    The class starts on July 18.
    During the mini-med, we were told by a detective that the start date would be 7-11. He said that date could change though so I guess it's really up in the air.

Irish, what is your source and when did you find out, if you don't mind me asking?

Leave a comment:

• irishstonesfan
    replied
    The class starts on July 18.

Leave a comment:

• sox3321
    replied
    I talked to my BI. She told me the hold up was due to the handgun I own. She told me that I had to sell or store it then send her the bill of sale. I sold it and took a pretty big hit on it. Anyway, i am sure it is worth it. On to the mini med.

Leave a comment:

• sizzo718
    replied
    When I met with my BI about two weeks ago, she told me I passed my psych. I guess I'll just sit back and wait.
    well then...

Leave a comment:

• sox3321
    replied
    When I met with my BI about two weeks ago, she told me I passed my psych. I guess I'll just sit back and wait.

Leave a comment:

• sizzo718
    replied
    sizzo718

How long was it from the time you met with your BI to when you were scheduled for your mini med?
    I think what irish said is probably right. Yet, I believe you'll be mailed an appointment date for the mini medical once you've passed your psych. eval. It seemed sort of coincidental that I was mailed my appointment for the mini medical the same day I was told by my investigator that I passed my psych. eval.

I realize that waiting for something you want can cause an unpleasent feeling. But just give it some time and I'm sure you'll get your letter soon

Keep us updated.

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    Sometime it can be the same day, the day before, the day after, etc...

Leave a comment:

• sox3321
    replied
    sizzo718

How long was it from the time you met with your BI to when you were scheduled for your mini med?

Leave a comment:

• sizzo718
    replied
    Originally posted by cop to be
    Does anyone know the start date for the July NYPD class? It seems that they don't tell you until the day before you have to be there. That is really annoying because you don't get any notice to give to your current employer.
    I was told the start date was July 17th or 18th. Just to reassure you that my source is legit, this information comes from my investigator.

Leave a comment:

• cop to be
    replied
    July Academy start date

Does anyone know the start date for the July NYPD class? It seems that they don't tell you until the day before you have to be there. That is really annoying because you don't get any notice to give to your current employer.

Leave a comment:

• sizzo718
    replied
    Originally posted by irishlad2nv
    I am going to qote myself on this one...look up...
    Someone hit me over the head for not seeing that. Thanks for the explanation irish =)

Btw, I just found out that my mini medical is next week!!

Leave a comment:

• sox3321
    replied
    I read what the NYPD website stated about the mini med before I posted my question. However, I just had the medical April 25 and that is when they took hair samples. I then heard talk that some people had their mini med and medical combined. I was just wondering what the major difference was between the two since I already had the drug test, which I was led to believe was the major part of the mini med.

Leave a comment:

• irishlad2nv
    replied
    Originally posted by irishlad2nv
    They will sched. it for you. It will mainly consist of another Drug Screening and maybe some other things if it's been a while since your actual medical.

I am going to qote myself on this one...look up...

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11535 users online. 359 members and 11176 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X