300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Mini Med

After you meet with your BI, who sets up your mini med? Do you have to call and schedule it or does your BI or APD schedule it?

Also, what does that consist of since i was already drug tested at the medical?

Originally posted by sox3321
    After you meet with your BI, who sets up your mini med? Do you have to call and schedule it or does your BI or APD schedule it?

Also, what does that consist of since i was already drug tested at the medical?
    They will sched. it for you. It will mainly consist of another Drug Screening and maybe some other things if it's been a while since your actual medical.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Mini medical... what's that? I remember going to get my medical done where they did eye exams, physicals, hearing tests among other things, but I never heard of a mini medical. Please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv
        They will sched. it for you. It will mainly consist of another Drug Screening and maybe some other things if it's been a while since your actual medical.

I am going to qote myself on this one...look up...
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I read what the NYPD website stated about the mini med before I posted my question. However, I just had the medical April 25 and that is when they took hair samples. I then heard talk that some people had their mini med and medical combined. I was just wondering what the major difference was between the two since I already had the drug test, which I was led to believe was the major part of the mini med.

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv
            I am going to qote myself on this one...look up...
            Someone hit me over the head for not seeing that. Thanks for the explanation irish =)

Btw, I just found out that my mini medical is next week!!

Comment

July Academy start date

Does anyone know the start date for the July NYPD class? It seems that they don't tell you until the day before you have to be there. That is really annoying because you don't get any notice to give to your current employer.

Comment

Originally posted by cop to be
                Does anyone know the start date for the July NYPD class? It seems that they don't tell you until the day before you have to be there. That is really annoying because you don't get any notice to give to your current employer.
                I was told the start date was July 17th or 18th. Just to reassure you that my source is legit, this information comes from my investigator.

Comment

sizzo718

How long was it from the time you met with your BI to when you were scheduled for your mini med?

Comment

Sometime it can be the same day, the day before, the day after, etc...

Comment

sizzo718

How long was it from the time you met with your BI to when you were scheduled for your mini med?
                      I think what irish said is probably right. Yet, I believe you'll be mailed an appointment date for the mini medical once you've passed your psych. eval. It seemed sort of coincidental that I was mailed my appointment for the mini medical the same day I was told by my investigator that I passed my psych. eval.

I realize that waiting for something you want can cause an unpleasent feeling. But just give it some time and I'm sure you'll get your letter soon

Keep us updated.

Comment

When I met with my BI about two weeks ago, she told me I passed my psych. I guess I'll just sit back and wait.

Comment

When I met with my BI about two weeks ago, she told me I passed my psych. I guess I'll just sit back and wait.
                          well then...

Comment

I talked to my BI. She told me the hold up was due to the handgun I own. She told me that I had to sell or store it then send her the bill of sale. I sold it and took a pretty big hit on it. Anyway, i am sure it is worth it. On to the mini med.

Comment

The class starts on July 18.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7591 users online. 387 members and 7204 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X