300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about the written exam

i know dumb question but i need to know. what can i expect on the wirtten exam.

Originally posted by copper104
    i know dumb question but i need to know. what can i expect on the wirtten exam.
    Ok, so I won't give you some BS answer as was poasted before me...each writtten exam/test can be diffferent. If you do a BROAD search on this site/forum, you will find lots of information on written exams that should help you.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Here is a good site to help out:

www.Policetesthelp.com

Lots of good stuff on this site and that one... Just search around!~
      ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

I assume being from California that you will apply to a local agency. California uses a standard POST test standard that most agencies incorporate in their tests. If you want to get a good idea of what you'll be tested on, go to a Barnes & Noble and purchase something like, Police Officer Exam California (Learning Express Law Enforcement Series California) or Police Officer Exam (Barron's How to Prepare for the Police Officer Examination) - This book is a more all in one, but it still has good info on the testing process in general.

Also, some agencies have an example of tests on their websites.

Comment

Find Wayno's e-mail and he might be able to help you out with a practice test or something...
          Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves - Confucious

Comment

You'd have to be stupid to fail

At least most of them. It's all very basic grammar, spelling, punctuation etc. I don't recall any math on any I've taken (4 so far) but it'd be easy enough.

Many departments use the EXACT same test. I did one recently and a week later another department gave me the exact same test verbatim. I did very well the first time, even better the second time!

At my last test, we had 69 people at the written and they scored it immediately. While we were waiting a guy asked "so are you going to tell the entire group which retards failed the test?" He failed. Another girl in a mini skirt, tank top and those annoying 4 inch thick flip-flops said at the end of the test "OMG, that was hard" said in valley-girl speak.

Regardless of how easy it was, nearly half failed the written. I left with my jaw on the floor.
            Last edited by Hewson; 05-17-2005, 01:38 PM.
            "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the laws until violate the rights of another. Respect the space of your sister and your brother."

Comment

Yes the difference between their and there and to, too and two are quite difficult...

Comment

Originally posted by Hewson
                While we were waiting a guy asked "so are you going to tell the entire group which retards failed the test?" He failed. :

Open mouth and insert foot....After he said that,you would have to know he was gonna fail it
                Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by Creed
                  Yes the difference between their and there and to, too and two are quite difficult...

What be da difference?
                  Leave Space Empty

Comment

[QUOTE=wayno1806]I'll even do better. I'll give you an actual exam.

Visit www.*****************************
                    For a Free police or sheriff
                    Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

Originally posted by Gottso
                      The exams I have taken have been on par with 8th grade mathematics/grammar studies. .
                      Mine was today and as long as you can read,write,spell,and add-subtract-divide then it's easy
                      Leave Space Empty

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7007 users online. 366 members and 6641 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X