300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Service Special Agent

Hey anybody who can help answer a couple of my questions I would greatly appreciate it. I am a freshmen criminal justice major in college and was wondering if I should continue with this course of study with the goal of becoming a special agent. Or switch to a business degree. Any thoughts. I would also like to know what are the odds of my chances getting hired straight out of college into the secret service. All I have heard recently is how hard it is to get hired by the secret service. Should I expect to wait a couple of years and get experience. Anyone who has any info at all would be great thanks a million.

Here's the website if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.ustreas.gov/usss/opportunities_agent.shtml
    Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

Go to this message board and click on "federal" on the left-hand side.

http://www.911jobforums.com/

Just do a search for Secret Service and you will find a LOAD of information.

I'm getting my Criminal Justice Masters right now (graduate this semester). If I could do it all over again, I'd get a Finance or Accounting degree instead of social science (in my undergrad). JUST my personal opinion. Getting a business degree proves that you can "do numbers" which, I have found, is extremely beneficial to L.E. agencies on all levels.

The value of majoring in C.J as an undergrad is that you will be able to have connections into federal internships. Being in the Business program, you wouldnt have the same connections BUT with some work, you definetly could.

Good luck,
      Mike

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11034 users online. 447 members and 10587 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X