300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Job Search Question

I'm new to the officer.com forum and this is my first post. Quick history I am a Deputy Sheriff (since 1999), have a 4 year degree, and am now trying to make the jump into federal law enforcement. I would like to get a uniform position and have applied to Capital Police, Border Patrol, and the US Mint Police. Are there any officers that can tell me more about these positions and if they enjoy there work. My second question involves driving for the test. The Capital Police testing site (DC) is a nine hour drive for me. Is the drive worth it? Has anybody driven that far or farther to take a test? Thanks for the input.

The US Mint police have several facilities and you will be required to rotate between the facilities every so often, I belive a 30 day tour. Outside of Washington DC they have a very limited jurisdiction (I know Philadelphia has a 1 block radius). Most of the job is fixed post however they have some high tech weaponery such as uzi's and several specialized teams. They are not covered under the 20 year retirement and are not under the GS Scale.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by gibsonk9
      I'm new to the officer.com forum and this is my first post. Quick history I am a Deputy Sheriff (since 1999), have a 4 year degree, and am now trying to make the jump into federal law enforcement. I would like to get a uniform position and have applied to Capital Police, Border Patrol, and the US Mint Police. Are there any officers that can tell me more about these positions and if they enjoy there work. My second question involves driving for the test. The Capital Police testing site (DC) is a nine hour drive for me. Is the drive worth it? Has anybody driven that far or farther to take a test? Thanks for the input.

Keep in mind you could always fly into DC really early and fly out the same afternoon/night....prolly about the same cost as gas money but saves you the drive......I have heard only good things from friends in the Capitol Police.I have another friend that was in the Border Patrol and is now an ICE agent..While I'm trying to get into LE myself,he told me don't go to the Border Patrol.....take it for what it is worth...I take the Capitol Police POST test on June 18th myself

GL wiith your search
      Leave Space Empty

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7695 users online. 167 members and 7528 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X