300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What career aspirations do you have?

I've read a lot of topics and messages here. I'm hoping to get into law enforcement as a police officer. I understand that one must do patrol work before possibly getting more training to get into a speciality unit: SWAT, K9, homicide, etc. I would really like to get into homicide or vice.

Is anyone here in either of those units or other units (gang, narcotics, horse, K9, SWAT, motorcycle, or patrol) and what were your aspirations before you became a police officer?

My Goal

I'm a senior here at Ole Miss (University of Mississippi for those that don't know our nickname) majoring in Criminal Justice. I just started working as a reserve officer and started a 250 hour training course last weekend. I'm planning on also getting my masters in CJ.

My overall goal is to get into federal law enforcement. I would love to work with the Homeland Security Department or ATF. I know these jobs are hard to get. That's why I'm hoping that with 2 years of part-time work for the police department here will help give me a leg up with a master degree.

Comment

I'd like to work in criminal investigations at the Local, State, or Federal Level. I'm not sure yet.

Comment

This may sound like I lack ambition, but I have already retired from one career and been laid off from another. At 45 years of age I became a Police Officer. My dream career!! As of right now I can honestly say I love being a street cop (Patrol). I like interacting with people on a daily basis and getting to know them. Sure there's always a few dirtbags, but the majority of the people I've met are great people. Eventially I want to move into CID, Narcotics, etc., but for now I couldn't be happier.
        Courage is not defined by those who fought and fell...but by those who fought, fell and rose again!

Comment

K9 or some sort or personal protection fo me
          Leave Space Empty

Comment

i want to spend 10-15 years as I police officer. Then it will be the FBI or an executive protection career. However, depending on how much I like being a cop, I might just do that till I retire.

Comment

Ahh, the desires of newbies (or still wannabe's).

I wanna retire!!!
              Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Originally posted by jeeper

I wanna retire!!!
                That's what I wanna be when I grow up....

Comment

Originally posted by jeeper

I wanna retire!!!

First things first ya know ...I really wanna win lottery and not work at all...lots of golf and beaches would work
                  Leave Space Empty

Comment

if ya have 100 people that want upward mobility,

be prepared for a let down.....

legit ,intelligent top of the line cop's will compete with:

incompetent " I know the city councilman ' and that's my ticket to what ever jobs they apply for.

danger to themselves and the safety of others, people who should'a been fired or are really in the wrong career field.

less educated, less motivated , lazy, people who have no clue....types.....

if i miss any catagory's.......including ' quota's " please feel free to

add to the list of nit wits, who will be stumbling blocks to yr career path.
                    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Well I made my goals. I went to narcotics, now running a unit and also on SWAT.
                      What more can I ask for?
                      Oh yeah, a raise.
                      "The policeman is sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for he will will have you punished. He is sent by God for that very purpose" - Rom 13:4

Comment

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                        Well I made my goals. I went to narcotics, now running a unit and also on SWAT.
                        What more can I ask for?
                        Oh yeah, a raise.
                        Hello, you are someone I have some questions for.

How long were you on patrol before going into narcotics?
                        Was this your goal before joining or did you have some options?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10814 users online. 374 members and 10440 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X