300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application process

What are the average times for Application to hire turn around time? Quickest you've heard of and longest would be great.... I've dropped 3 applications to 3 different departments (local PD, Sheriff in different county, and PD about 20 miles away). I know its going to take while and I'm sure it will depend on the department, but any insight would be great!

Originally posted by zacrobmer
    What are the average times for Application to hire turn around time? Quickest you've heard of and longest would be great.... I've dropped 3 applications to 3 different departments (local PD, Sheriff in different county, and PD about 20 miles away). I know its going to take while and I'm sure it will depend on the department, but any insight would be great!

Depends on if the dept is even hiring at that given time for one! Also, if they are hiring, they are most likely going to wait for a pool of applicants to process at the same time. There is no "magic time frame". However, if you application is not up to par and could DQ you, well turn around time will be very rapid I am sure. Good luck. And try to be patient.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Oh I'm pretty patient, I was just wondering if about when I start getting worried (6 months, etc...). Oh and all 3 departments are hiring..

Comment

Originally posted by zacrobmer
        Oh I'm pretty patient, I was just wondering if about when I start getting worried (6 months, etc...). Oh and all 3 departments are hiring..
        I would say the average hire time from the closing date of applications is approx. 3-4 months depending on how in detail the agencies testing is.

Comment

I've applied to two different agencies over the years, OC Sheriff''s and Las Vegas PD. Orange County took a year until everybody's applications were pretty much cut do to the budget mess here in California. I was hired by Las Vegas and I start the academy in June, that would be about a year and two months since starting the process. With Vegas it took about 5 months to finish the testing, psych, background and it took 7 months waiting until receiving word that I was attending a academy.

Expect it to be a long process and sometimes no news is good news.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10371 users online. 384 members and 9987 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X