300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Wisconsin officers here?

I was curious if any knew what the process was to transfer from Iowa to Wisconsin. I'm currently in the testing phases for a department near Madison. I have 6 years of experience and am certified of course. I'm assuming there are some classes I have to take to get my LESB cert. Anyone?

(I believe) sworn officers transferring into Wisconsin only need to complete 120 hours to become certified in Wisconsin. Check out the link below for any and all information regarding your specific situation.

If you have any other general questions

Comment

[QUOTE=Firedancer](I believe) sworn officers transferring into Wisconsin only need to complete 120 hours to become certified in Wisconsin. Check out the link below for any and all information regarding your specific situation.

If you have any other general questions

Comment

Hey,

Im a student up at Madison and have ridden with some Madison officers. Its a nice area and I am looking into working for a dept up here when I get done with school. Just thought I would say hi, other than that I dont have any advice/knowledge. Good luck though, im sure you'll like the turf.

Best- John

Comment

Originally posted by Petergriffin
          Hey,

Im a student up at Madison and have ridden with some Madison officers. Its a nice area and I am looking into working for a dept up here when I get done with school. Just thought I would say hi, other than that I dont have any advice/knowledge. Good luck though, im sure you'll like the turf.

Best- John
          Hey, thanks for wishing me luck. I'm testing with the Fitchburg PD. Have you heard anything about them? I got invited to the Chief's interview which is next Wed. After that its all out of my control since its the BI and such so we'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by scott72
            Hey, thanks for wishing me luck. I'm testing with the Fitchburg PD. Have you heard anything about them? I got invited to the Chief's interview which is next Wed. After that its all out of my control since its the BI and such so we'll see what happens.
            Hey, next time I talk to a Madison officer, Ill have to ask about Fitchburg PD, but as of now, I don't know to much about them. It is very close to where I am at school though, and as I said, Dane county seems to be a nice area in general. I've heard good things about the Dane county sheriffs too, if your looking at other depts. Again, good luck with everything and I hope it goes for the best.

Best- John

Comment

Fitchburg is a nice town that is rapidly growing.

It shares borders with Madison.

It has some very nice areas and some very ghetto areas...enough to keep you busy.

I don't know any FPD cops personally but I've heard they are very professional and good to work with.

Be warned that Madison is extremely liberal (politically) and that tends to rub off on their neighbors.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the responses and wishing me luck. I'll keep everyone posted on how the process goes. I've also heard good things about Fitchburg and the people I've meet seem really nice.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8068 users online. 431 members and 7637 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X