300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for employment in florida tampa area/eot training

I am in the process of taking the Equivalency course in june and I am looking for advice on which dept would be the best to apply for. I was thinking about tampa pd or hillsbourogh county police at the airport. I am open to suggestions. I have 3.5 years nypd experience 4 years usmc I am also looking for review material for the state exam I know there is a course but i not able to take it right now

Your profile says that you are a sworn peace officer but it also says you work for FDNY. Am I missing something? Anyway I you can check out the LEO jobs for Hillsborough by going to www.hccsb.org There are all the jobs posted under the county on that site.
    Last edited by BayCityBrawler; 07-25-2006, 07:41 PM.

Comment

With military experience your chances for hire are probably best at Hillsborough or Pinellas SO. They have the most opportunities for working special teams, like swat, dive, waterfront, helicopter, etc. Tampa has the best salary and the DROP program just blows away any other pension plan right now. They seem to be understaffed right now though, so you'll earn every penny. I believe all three of those agencies allow vehicle pursuits as well...I'd say you can't go wrong with any of those depts, and the weather...

Comment

Originally posted by Rlowe
        Your profile says that you are a sworn peace officer but it also says you work for FDNY. Am I missing something? Anyway I you can check out the LEO jobs for Hillsborough by going to www.hccsb.org There are all the jobs posted under the county on that site. A word of caution, the only opening that is always open is Deputy Sheriff, if your looking for the Airport Police or Public Transportation Police you have to keep checking to see when it gets posted as they will not accept an application unless it is.

I know FDNY has their Fire Marshals who are sworn peace officers, carry weapons, and have the power of arrest, so that may be your answer. I guess we'll wait and see. I'm curious to see as well

Comment

Why would you want to go from NYPD to working at an airport? If you want to compare business to NYPD i would go Tampa pd...even though i never tell anyone to go work there cause of my own bad experience with that agency.

Comment

Originally posted by new york
            I am in the process of taking the Equivalency course in june and I am looking for advice on which dept would be the best to apply for. I was thinking about tampa pd or hillsbourogh county police at the airport. I am open to suggestions. I have 3.5 years nypd experience 4 years usmc I am also looking for review material for the state exam I know there is a course but i not able to take it right now
            Who is the Hillsborough county police at the airport? Do you mean Tampa International Airport police?
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I am sorry about the mix up I was a cop in brooklyn for 3.5 years and rolled over to fdny while I was waiting to get on suffolk county pd. there a lottery to get hired a big waiting game 95.5 and still waiting . They are the highest paid dept in the country 130.000 a year for a po.
              I just bought a house and relocating to flordia so all my efforts are to get hired in a flordia dept. I looked at the airport police at tampa international and it says it was ran by hillsbourogh county I heard that was a good dept to work for

Comment

Greeting from a fellow NY'er. I hear you on the Suffolk thing - it's literally like hitting the lotto, but oh well, you win some, you lose some. Im also relocating down to Tampa, however I dont have any PO experience, and my academy starts next month.

As far as where to apply in the Tampa area...well Tampa and Hillsborough are both very active, and they are the 'Suffolk' of FL. Surrounding agencies are also good however. The only departments I have heard negative things about are Plant City and St Petersburg (the reason being the extrememly low morale, bad administration). With the exception of those two, you're wide open as far as options. Clearwater, Clearwater Beach, Pinellas Park, Pinellas County, etc etc. Good luck, my friend, toss me a private message, and we'll go get a beer sometime and complain about how bad the pizza is down there!!

Comment

come and get it
                  Last edited by BayCityBrawler; 07-25-2006, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Well when you come from NYPD which serves over 2 million people and has a large jurisdiction and a large amout of crime.....to going to an airport which has a limited jurisdiction and a smaller amount of crime....i would say thats a big change. I didnt mean to bad mouth your agency at all but i lived in Tampa for almost a year, applied to many agencies around there and went to the Hillsborough Academy for 22 weeks...so i would say i know a fair share of the area.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9168 users online. 248 members and 8920 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X