300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPDC Salary

I have a question for any current MPD Officers...

What is the overtime system??

I have gotten conflicting information from different people on this subject and I am wondering if MPD officers simply receive time and 1/2 for anything over 40hrs a week or if there is more to it...

Thanks in advance...

it's really confusing how the OT system works at MPD...

i'll try to post what I understand it to be when i get a chance...

Comment

not sure about the OT but evenings are 3% more and midnight 4%

Do not see anything else....no mention of holiday pay either
      Leave Space Empty

Comment

we work on a 28 day pay cycle with two 14 day pay periods. the dept starts out with you working 160 hours in the 28 days. you cannot get time and a half during the first 14 days. no matter how many hours you work it is all straight time. After the second 14 days the dept takes the base 160 hours, substracts any leave taken, then adds all overtime and comptime. Any hours over 171 are paid at time and a half. Basically if you take no leave your first 11 hours are straight time. If you went over the 11 in the first 14 days the dept should add the half hours to your check for the second 14 days. Isn't that easy to follow?

Your checks will be screwed up on MPD. Not every week but often enough. Sometimes you work OT but the dept doesn't create an OT code for the payroll system, so you dont get your money. The dept also forces you to accept comp time in certain situations.

A lot of this is in the courts right now. The union has won all its arbitrations, and the dept has lost all appeals. However the dept refuses to stop appealling and will not honor changes they agreed to in negotiations. To put it simply the dept is constantly stealing from its officers.

Comment

Originally posted by dcpolice
          we work on a 28 day pay cycle with two 14 day pay periods. the dept starts out with you working 160 hours in the 28 days. you cannot get time and a half during the first 14 days. no matter how many hours you work it is all straight time. After the second 14 days the dept takes the base 160 hours, substracts any leave taken, then adds all overtime and comptime. Any hours over 171 are paid at time and a half. Basically if you take no leave your first 11 hours are straight time. If you went over the 11 in the first 14 days the dept should add the half hours to your check for the second 14 days. Isn't that easy to follow?

Your checks will be screwed up on MPD. Not every week but often enough. Sometimes you work OT but the dept doesn't create an OT code for the payroll system, so you dont get your money. The dept also forces you to accept comp time in certain situations.

A lot of this is in the courts right now. The union has won all its arbitrations, and the dept has lost all appeals. However the dept refuses to stop appealling and will not honor changes they agreed to in negotiations. To put it simply the dept is constantly stealing from its officers.

oh boy....now i see this?......Does this mean in your opinion,maybe I should apply elsewhere?? If you don't wanna say her,you can message me.

Thanx DCP
          Leave Space Empty

Comment

After rereading this....this is what I come up with...

First 11 hours are str8 time then everything after is OT which you get paid for the last 2 weeks of the pay period?

****,that's confusing
            Leave Space Empty

Comment

Originally posted by jmat1980
              I have a question for any current MPD Officers...

What is the overtime system??

I have gotten conflicting information from different people on this subject and I am wondering if MPD officers simply receive time and 1/2 for anything over 40hrs a week or if there is more to it...

Thanks in advance...
              Hey jmat,

How is that beach you were on. I heard you took a vacation last week!!!!!

Comment

I wouldn't say not to apply. It is a perfectly fine starting job in law enforcement. Just understand what you are getting into and have an exit plan for a few years down the road. MPD pays for your training, can give you good experience and looks good on resumes. If you want to get street experience you will have to take your own initative because field training is a joke. Any training after the academy you will have to really fight for.

We have a lot of problems and have trouble retaining officers. Also, the dept will fire you for next to nothing. I believe over 50 officers have been recommended for firing so far this year. Two of my friends who are excellent officers were fired over stupid things

Approach MPD like an internship to make yourself more marketable in a few years. Just be aware what type of dept you are joining.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6246 users online. 345 members and 5901 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X