300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About criminal justice degrees

If anyone knows of other jobs besides the basic police officer, us customs, state trooper ect.. jobs that I could get with a four year criminal justice degree, please let me know.

All I ever hear about are officer jobs, I was wondering if theres more?

I know of a guy that got his degree in criminal justice and ended up working for CPS after a stint in the social work field. Also, several people that I go to school with have their sights set on being probation or patrol officers, not a bad option if you dont mind having to fill about 200 different roles to screwups, everything from friend, to counselor to boot-in-*****. Still others plan to go on to law school and defend the scumbags I arrest. You can usually tell who the future lawyers are, just cruise by a criminal justice class at your local university and look for the annoying loud mouths who think they are smarter than everyone else, but who really have the mentallity of brain-damaged, crack addicted gnat.

Comment

You could always join the Navy or USAF and fly jets, all they want is a 4yr degree and don't care what it is in.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

If you've ever had vision correction surgery or wear glasses or contacts, then flying jets is probably out. I think you might be able to fly helicopters for the Army but I'm not sure.

If there is one thing I've learned about college degrees it is this: It matters more that you have one than what you have it in. Of course you seem to be looking at something other than law enforcement, some fields of study want or require you to have a degree in their field (for obvious reasons...electrical engineering companies won't accept your philosophy degree). But the majority of jobs out there that aren't too specialized just want you to have any 4-year degree. Even most of the specialized jobs will take a combination of experience and a degree in whatever. So if you find something you want and they won't accept your degree, find a similar entry level job and bust your butt, after a few years of experience your chances are good. Of course law enforcement is a funny field...except for the FBI (they want accountants) and some other random agencies, you can have a degree in underwater basketweaving and it's all good to them. Most agencies I've looked at that have college degree requirements don't care what it is in. Unfortunately that doesn't fall over into every other field of work out there, but you can make it happen with some time and effort.

Good luck,
        Gibbmusic
        Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

A cursory look at job listings will show you that the majority of jobs that require a college degree require just that.....a college degree.

The degree can be in Criminal Justice, Liberal Arts, or Ancient Babylonian Astronomy, it really doesn't matter. The main thing is that you're mature and self-disciplined enough to complete a prescribed course of study.
          Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

BTW, Delta, I just did the math and you have averaged nearly 12 posts a day since you joined Officer.com forums! You are a posting machine my man.

Gibbmusic
            Okay, just how big were those two beers sir?

Comment

Originally posted by Salmon
              If anyone knows of other jobs besides the basic police officer, us customs, state trooper ect.. jobs that I could get with a four year criminal justice degree, please let me know.
              I was just looking at jobs the other day on line and noticed that the state investigator jobs require a four year degree. By state investigator I mean for the department of labor and that kind of thing. I was talking to a guy who's an active duty investigator for the Coast Guard. He plans on getting out and doing the same job for alot better pay as a "civillian." Try this link if you haven't heard of it yet. It should give you all the fed positions available in the LE field and give you some ideas.

USA Jobs
              Last edited by KPD-3K14; 05-10-2005, 09:07 AM. Reason: I can't spell- sorry
              We're not here to kiss your butts, We're here to save them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbmusic
                BTW, Delta, I just did the math and you have averaged nearly 12 posts a day since you joined Officer.com forums! You are a posting machine my man.
                I have the personality where if I enjoy something, I do it incessantly until I don't like it anymore. I'll eventually get my fill of this place and move onto something else, probably before my year anniversary.
                Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9663 users online. 474 members and 9189 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X