300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iraqifreedomvet
    I just wish I could find a department that would bring me on board due to me starting the Academy. I must admit things are getting tough for me and my daughters. I working a job now at a truck wash for $8 an hour and as you all know that is not enough to support a single father with 3 kids. So if there is anybody out there who might be able to help, please let me know via email and I will respond immediately.

Thank you
    Most departments will not "sign you on" before an Academy and if they do. You will being doing small tasks before an Academy starts. But you as an individual may have to broaden your choices of where to apply besides Georgia and you have to be the one to get the job. Some can assist you in here, but when it comes down to getting the actual job, etc. You have to be the one to get it for yourself! Good luck to you.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Really tough times now

Ok this maybe the wrong place but I feel as if we are all family here. The job I thought I had let me go today. I mean I understand its business but as I said earlier I am a single dad raising 3 daughters. And now we have no income. So if there is anyone who reads this post who currently is a LEO and your department is recruiting please let me know so I can inquire about me comming on board and hopefully become a member of your department. By the way my background has already been done by Clayton County.

Thank you

Michael

Comment

Forest Park

I know Forest Park PD has immediate openings which is North Clayton County. They'll put you thru the academy but you'll have to sign a 3yr contract with them which isn't too bad. They also pay you while your in the academy... (approx) $13.00/hour or something like that and goes up when you get out.

Thats who I work for so PM me if you have any questions.
        Last edited by krcool32; 05-12-2005, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Ok this maybe the wrong place but I feel as if we are all family here. The job I thought I had let me go today. I mean I understand its business but as I said earlier I am a single dad raising 3 daughters. And now we have no income. So if there is anyone who reads this post who currently is a LEO and your department is recruiting please let me know so I can inquire about me comming on board and hopefully become a member of your department. By the way my background has already been done by Clayton County.

Thank you

Michael

To reiterate, Forest Park is currently hiring, East Point as well. They aren't too far from you and need people now. I would try both of them right now.
          God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

Expedited Process

Does anyone know if a department (even out of the state of georgia) Has an expedited selection process. The reason I am asking is because I was served with eviction papers and come this time next week my daughters and I will proibly be homeless.

Thanks

Comment

Does anyone know if a department (even out of the state of georgia) Has an expedited selection process. The reason I am asking is because I was served with eviction papers and come this time next week my daughters and I will proibly be homeless.

Thanks
              Dude, you may just want to look at getting a solid job before applying for a LE job. I mean first off, there is no "expediant process" to hire someone in LE, If there is, they are hiring the wrong people. Second, without a job at the moment and getting evicted...chances are to even get processed anywhere are slim to none.

I feel for you man, but you need to look out for yourself and your kids if you do want to get into LE. Why not get a loan from the VA or use some of your GI money to go to school, etc.?
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I Agree

I agree with you. I am just going to (to quote an Army phrase) suck it up and drive on. I Will be in the academy starting 11 July 05 and I WILL graduate in the top of my class.

Comment

Great...what Dept. are you going too? Also in the mean time, I would seriously look into unemployment and also you can use your GI bill while attending the Academy, which means extra money.

Comment

Like mentioned before, the VA has programs to assist you in getting a job. GI bill will pay for the academy and if need be, unemployment is something. Take advantage of the VA because they have various ways of assisting you. Good luck.
                    God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9564 users online. 491 members and 9073 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X