300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Vet desires to be a Police Officer

My name is Michael Olsen and I am an Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran as well as a single father of 3 daughters. I will be attending the Basic Law Enforcement Training Course on 11 July. I hope to get a position lined up either before or during my training. Can any Police Officers in Georgia help me out?

My email is [email protected]

Thanks in Advance.

If you are putting yourself through the academy, you will be able to almost pick and choose where you want to work. I used to work for Henry Co. P.D. and I would suggest that agency since they are currently having a hiring blitz. Once you start the academy or even before I would go around to the surrounding agencies and put in an application. An agency may even hire you with a conditional offer once you complete the academy. In the Metro area there are tons of positions, especially once you are certified so you shouldn't have a problem good luck.
    God created some police officers perfect, the rest he put in cars.

Comment

Hmm, I live in Henry County and ive been checking thier site lately, the position isint posted on thier site,
      http://www.co.henry.ga.us/HumanResou...obOpenings.htm
      Im trying to get a job at a university around here. But if Henry has openings on the outside and will send you to the academy let me know.

Oh, btw to the vet, Marrietta City and Cobb County have big openings, (You just missed Cobbs Police deadline) starting at 30K-Marrietta, 34K-Cobb Sheriff,Cobb police will increase you to 36K after 18 months. These areas will send you to the academy and pay you while your there. I would go, but I live on the other side of Atlanta. Now if you dont mind Clayton County with all the riff raff they are always actively hiring, Sherrif and Police but are starting out at $27K. Will send you to the academy. I know, I work there.
      And then theres Atlanta, Fulton county, Dekalb, Athens-Clarke County, State Patrol etc. All of them are hurting for recruits.

Really I dont see the point in paying $3k to send yourself thru the academy since most will sponsor you unless you just want to work for a small obsecure dept like Jonesboro City(whos also hiring).
      Last edited by 1899; 05-06-2005, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Tried Talking to surrounding Agencies

I have made contacts with the surrounding departments and they all said I would still have to go through their Academies. Oh well, I figure I just keep my eye on the prize.

Comment

Originally posted by iraqifreedomvet
          I have made contacts with the surrounding departments and they all said I would still have to go through their Academies. Oh well, I figure I just keep my eye on the prize.
          Atlanta PD has a lateral academy that's only 8 weeks or so.
          https://www.atlantapd.org/Index.asp?nav=br&mnu=3

Comment

I don't know of any departments in the metro area that would require you to go through their academy if you are already state certified. I know a few did a few years back, but they stopped that when they couldn't get any experienced officers to apply. The only agency that I know of that requires you to go back through an academy of you are already state certified is the Georgia State Patrol. I don't know if being certified but no experience is the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by 1899
              Hmm, I live in Henry County and ive been checking thier site lately, the position isint posted on thier site,
              http://www.co.henry.ga.us/HumanResou...obOpenings.htm
              Im trying to get a job at a university around here. But if Henry has openings on the outside and will send you to the academy let me know.

Oh, btw to the vet, Marrietta City and Cobb County have big openings, (You just missed Cobbs Police deadline) starting at 30K-Marrietta, 34K-Cobb Sheriff,Cobb police will increase you to 36K after 18 months. These areas will send you to the academy and pay you while your there. I would go, but I live on the other side of Atlanta. Now if you dont mind Clayton County with all the riff raff they are always actively hiring, Sherrif and Police but are starting out at $27K. Will send you to the academy. I know, I work there.
              And then theres Atlanta, Fulton county, Dekalb, Athens-Clarke County, State Patrol etc. All of them are hurting for recruits.

Really I dont see the point in paying $3k to send yourself thru the academy since most will sponsor you unless you just want to work for a small obsecure dept like Jonesboro City(whos also hiring).
              Henry County has positons for certified officers which they don't advertise. You just have to go by and see the recruiter/IA detective. Uncertified has to wait until they have an annoucement for uncertified officers.

Comment

I used to work for the Geogia State Patrol Capitol Police, If you are certified you will not have to go thru the academy, only troopers are required to recieve further training. Very small agency, cool uniforms, cycles. Its a great place to work if you dont mind the pay.

Comment

Originally posted by 1899
                  I used to work for the Geogia State Patrol Capitol Police, If you are certified you will not have to go thru the academy, only troopers are required to recieve further training. Very small agency, cool uniforms, cycles. Its a great place to work if you dont mind the pay.

Yeah, I see the Capitol Police with their new markings on their cars. They seem to have an OK job. I see them making traffic stops all over the city and always wondered what is their actual jurisdiction? I work for the Federal Protective Service and patrolling all over the metro Atlanta area, I see different police agencies and the only one that baffles me is the Captiol Police.

Comment

hey man, check out my website. There is about 63 agencies listed on there just for the state of GA

www.gapolicejobs.com

Comment

Thier Juristdiction is the whole state of Georgia, Its like a trooper, but you report to the capitol for work. Thier precinct is off capitol ave., and operate out of GSP headquarters and follow the same policies. They patrol all state buildings in the Downtown Atlanta area and patrol Underground Atlanta and Coke center Parking lot. I rememeber they said the Lt. there used to write people while heading down the highway to Forsyth for training on his cycle. Thier discription is "Police Corporal ". Man I wish I would have stayed there and went to the academy, but Im making more money here at the county level working on police cars so i cant really complain.
                      Last edited by 1899; 05-09-2005, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Clayton County PT Test

I recieved my notice for the Clayton County PT Test on May 24th. I took it last year and it was pretty easy. I am still planning on going through as a pre-service candidate so I am hopeing either one or both work out.

Comment

I recieved my notice for the Clayton County PT Test on May 24th. I took it last year and it was pretty easy. I am still planning on going through as a pre-service candidate so I am hopeing either one or both work out.

Is that for Clayton Co. P.D. or S.O.? I ask because the S.O. will have you working in the jail, just so you would be aware. Clayton Co. P.D. isn't a bad agency but they take forever to give an officer a take home car and their starting pay is one, if not the lowest in the area. Good luck.

Comment

Looking for anything

I just wish I could find a department that would bring me on board due to me starting the Academy. I must admit things are getting tough for me and my daughters. I working a job now at a truck wash for $8 an hour and as you all know that is not enough to support a single father with 3 kids. So if there is anybody out there who might be able to help, please let me know via email and I will respond immediately.

Thank you

Comment

Jackson, GA, well your not too far from me. Yea, your only choice if things are getting dificult is to join clayton PD. I work for clayton county but I certainly wont sign up with thier police force the way things are going around here. But check Rockdale county SO first.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7664 users online. 447 members and 7217 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X